Door locks are rapidly evolving in ways that reflect broader technological trends. These new digital solutions will enable higher levels of security, provide new channels for customer engagement, and drastically improve the customer experience.
This research is designed for:
- A CIO tasked with assisting in the selection or upgrading of a door lock system.
- A Property General Manager or Facilities Manager that is looking for a holistic review of the benefits of specific door lock and access control vendors.
- Their access control use case may include building a new hotel or casino and/or updating existing access control systems to reflect advancements in technology and realize new opportunities to engage clientele
This research will help you:
- Understand market trends in the door locks and access control market.
- Evaluate access control vendors and products for your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular use cases and scenarios.
11 competitors in the door locks and access control market were evaluated, including the following notable performers:
- Allegion. Multi-technology reader allows for a single unit to read a number of contactless reader technologies, effectively future-proofing its solution.
- ASSA ABLOY Hospitality. A solution popular with big-name hotels that offers technological breadth and a strong investment into future innovations.
- dormakaba (Saflok). Saflok is a well-rounded solution, providing utility in both its user-facing features and back-end administrative functions.
- SALTO Systems. SALTO leads the field in security features, with dynamic smart-card credentials designed with its government and military clients in mind.
Trend Setter Award:
y!kes. y!kes champions what it calls a “proximity aware” solution and allows mobile entry without the end user having to unlock their phone - a clear leading edge in the mobile-entry experience.
The Vendor Landscape also includes an Excel Door Locks and Access Control Vendor Shortlist Tool. This worksheet allows enterprises to profile their door locks and access control requirements and generate a rank-ordered vendor shortlist from a fixed list of vendors.
Included in this Vendor Landscape:
- Allegion. Allegion has demonstrated a proven longevity and commitment to gaming and hospitality with its CISA lines of products and its aptiQmobile solution.
- ArchiTech. Part of the NAPCO Security Technologies umbrella, ArchiTech represents its approach to multi-location wireless access with its Networx access control technology.
- ASSA ABLOY Hospitality. The largest player in the access control marketplace, ASSA ABLOY Hospitality provides a full-suite solution leveraging its VingCard Elsafe product line.
- Brivo. Brivo is uniquely placed in the access control marketplace, offering hosted entry control through its browser-based cloud solution without an accompanying physical door lock.
- dormakaba (Saflok). One of the big three, dormakaba is a global leader with its Saflok and ILCO lines of electronic hotel locks and access control systems.
- HID Global. Part of the ASSA ABLOY Hospitality family of companies, HID is a global leader in identity and access management for commercial use and is broadly used in all high-security verticals.
- Hotek. A newer player in the access control field, Hotek approaches mobile access control in a unique way with a QR-code-based solution.
- Onity. Onity provides a full-suite solution for gaming and hospitality, with its DirectKey mobile access, Trillium door lock line, and OnPoint Enterprise web-based front desk software.
- SALTO systems. One of the big three players, SALTO provides a full-suite solution with its XS4 scalable access control solution and recently released JustIN mobile access system.
- Tyco. Tyco offers full-suite access control solutions with both cloud-based and managed services and integrations with other building security functions including fire and safety protection systems.
- y!kes. The newest player in the market, offering a fully mobile solution focused on a streamlined guest experience and easy integration.