Save time and money by using Vendor Landscape to understand what’s new in the housekeeping automation market for gaming, hotel, and resort enterprises and compare and contrast the major housekeeping automation vendors.
This reasearch is designed for:
- CIOs and VPs who have been tasked with identifying ways to improve communication for housekeepers, improve productivity, reduce costs through optimized forecasting and scheduling, and are seeking to select a solution that will automate housekeeping operations.
- VP Hotel Operations/General Managers, Housekeeping Managers and organizations with a use case that may include:
- Operating single or multi-property housekeeping operations
- Managing labor costs and staff efficiency through forecasting and scheduling
- Improving communications and reducing the number of devices carried by housekeeping staff
- Initiating a green housekeeping program and tracking program benefits
This reasearch will help you:
- Understand what trends are surfacing in the gaming and hospitality housekeeping market.
- Evaluate housekeeping automation vendors and products and their alignment to your enterprise needs.
- Determine which products are most appropriate for particular features, use cases, and scenarios.
This Vendor Landscape focused on those vendors that offer broad capabilities across multiple platforms and that have a strong market presence and/or reputational presence among mid and large sized enterprises.
Included in this Vendor Landscape:
- Creatriks. Launched by a former housekeeper, Creatriks is a relatively new provider of hospitality software. Their 2012 entry into the market was complemented by the development of their flagship product – Facility.
- FCS. Federal Computer Services (FCS) has evolved over its 30 year history and is now a global provider of hospitality guest service applications and solution design services.
- Inspect2GO. A North American-focused inspection and checklist software provider, Inspect2GO provides turnkey solutions to a variety of clients across unique industries.
- Knowcross. Founded in 2002, Knowcross develops and markets technology solutions for the global hospitality industry. Knowcross places significant emphasis on R&D with their Know Housekeeping product, launched in 2013.
- Newmarket. Amadeus, a global provider of technology solutions for the travel and hospitality industry, acquired Newmarket in 2013. Newmarket is a true market incumbent with over 40,000 hospitality software installations.
- Optii Solutions. Optii Solutions has focused its innovation centrally around optimizing the housekeeping function of hotel operations.
- Percipia. Percipia entered the hospitality market in 2000 as the primary provider of hospitality voice applications for Cisco. Percipia has now expanded well beyond voice applications and offers voice/data solutions, mobile applications, and housekeeping automation tools for the global hospitality market.
- StayNTouch. A new solutions provider in the housekeeping automation space, StayNTouch was founded by industry practitioners in 2013. Rover offers a unique approach to HKA tools by overlaying their solution on the PMS.
The Vendor Landscape also includes an Excel-based shortlist tool.
The research is published by Larry Fretz. As the Gaming & Hospitality Practice Lead, Larry Fretz manages a team of analysts to develop and deliver best-practice research specific to the gaming and hospitality industry. As owner of the GHRC research agenda, he is responsible for agenda planning and directing research in a timely and relevant manner for our customer base. He also provides sales & customer support and delivers advisory consulting services and workshops.
Larry brings more than a decade of international Gaming & Hospitality and 25+ years of overall technology, marketing, supply chain, and other business operations expertise. Larry has held CIO/VP IT and executive leadership positions with the Palms Casino Resort, the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas and Niagara Casinos (Fallsview Casino Resort & Casino Niagara), resulting in respected knowledge and experience of gaming and hospitality systems and understanding of the industry’s strategic, start-up opening and day-to-day challenges. In these hands-on executive roles, he was responsible for all aspects of highly regulated and available enterprise IT from Infrastructure & Operations, Project & Portfolio Management, Security & Risk, CRM, and Architecture & Applications.
Earlier in his career, Larry held executive positions and was recognized for leveraging IT in improving company performance, growth, achieving business goals, and being a subject matter expert across multiple technology areas and business functions at such global companies as Day-Timers and PBB Global Logistics. Larry has been an innovative and action-oriented force in business technology since 1986 when he founded Micro-Wise Systems and developed the first fully computerized library management software solution.
1. Sustained Performance Management:
Accurate and proficient housekeeping performance is a challenge faced by all hoteliers. Housekeeping automation tools enable hoteliers to track, measure, and drive sustained housekeeping operations and ROI by utilizing key performance indicators, transparency of efficiency, quality, and clear turnaround times.
2. Brand Differentiation and Guest Experience:
The guest experience continues to be the differentiating factor among all hotel brands. Housekeeping automation tools enable the managing of cleaning assignments based on real-time ETAs of guests and reservation-driven criteria that otherwise would not be possible. Additionally, when integrated with the property management system (PMS) and other hospitality tools, housekeeping automation tools can collect and utilize guest information, statistics, and behaviors to provide optimized guest experiences.
Eight competitors in the housekeeping automation (HKA) market were evaluated, including the following notable performers:
- Newmarket, a true market incumbent, offers extremely flexible integration options that enable operators to utilize real-time information that optimizes the customer experience.
- Optii offers an intuitive and modern automated housekeeping solution that delivers a spectrum of advanced features and predictive cleaning capabilities.
- Percipia, truly committed to its hospitality customers, offers an automated housekeeping solution that can effectively interface with numerous hospitality applications.
- Knowcross, an established hospitality vendor, delivers on nearly all of the advanced housekeeping features at a remarkable price point.
Trend Setter Award:
Optii Keeper provides all functional components of the automated housekeeping solution within a single application. Optii’s innovative proprietary algorithm provides predictive cleaning times and enables balanced workload management while optimizing real-time cleaning routes and assignments.