In today’s post-digital and social media age, our climate is rife with conflict and mistrust. More than ever a company’s character, beyond its financial performance and reputation, determines its place in business and society.
This Summit gives attendees the opportunity to hear from organizations on how they have responded to a range of reputational threats. Take away best practices and valuable lessons in reputation and risk management to ensure that your business can plan and respond to any eventuality.
2018 Summit Themes:
- U.S. Election - how businesses and other organizations should prepare for and handle new reputational threats that emerged and intensified during the 2016 U.S. presidential election
- Hurricane Irma - what one of the strongest storms in history can teach us about crisis communications and brand protection
- Harassment in the headlines - share lessons learned (the good, bad and ugly) on the front lines of society’s #MeToo paradigm shift
- Social Purpose - operating with social purpose in a climate rife with conflict and mistrust
- The Golden Hour: First Mover Advantage - taking advantage of this crucial time period to craft and implement an effective crisis response strategy
Crisis - Are You Ready?
- IDENTIFY the types of crisis and their aspects
- BUILD a crisis communications plan and implement it throughout your organization
- DEVELOP and manage a crisis management team to deal with crisis situations
- EXECUTE a crisis response strategy consistently across all stakeholder groups and channels
Why Should You Attend?
In today’s social, economic and political climate and the explosive proliferation of social media, reputation is everything.
The Reputation & Crisis Strategy Summit equips attendees to pre-empt, plan for, manage and measure the impact of their crisis communications to ultimately turn bad press into a good result. Hear how businesses and other organizations should prepare for and handle new reputational threats that emerged and intensified during the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Take away strategies for dealing with fake news, hackings and public criticism from employees and endorsers. Plus, hear when your organization should and should not use social media to enter the political fray.
- Hear from an eclectic mix of cross industry professionals on managing public communications in challenging and fast moving situations.
- Don’t just hear the theory, listen to tried and tested best practices from crisis communication experts.
- Discover how to shake up thinking around the strategic value of communications in crisis.
- We have the whole PR and crisis communications eco-system present. From large to medium and small brands and the agencies chosen to represent such brands.
- Take part in a peer networking opportunity in our crisis simulation exercise and plan your messaging in the first 72 hours of response.
- We will delve into some of the most well known news stories of 2017 to examine the do’s and dont’s of crisis and reputation management.
- Mindset for managing crisis: ensure you and your team are equipped to make sound decisions when the time arrives.
- Hear how the best brands respond to crisis to turn mistakes into winning moments.
- Be part of a room full of interesting and like minded professionals who you can bounce ideas off and share experiences with.
Benefits of Attending:
- 25+ Industry-led Speakers
- 100+ Senior Participants
- 10+ Networking Hours
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to start 2018 with the tools and foresight to diagnose where reputational threats to your business currently lie so you can protect the interests of your organization!
7:45am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30am Welcome and Chairperson’s Introduction
8:40am Collaboration is King! Ice Breaker
9:00am Opening Keynote: How to Prepare for New Reputational Threats in The Post 2016 Election Era
10:00am The Secret of Crisis Communication is Anticipation
10:45am Morning Networking & Refreshment Break in Exhibit Hall
11:15am Harassment in the Headlines: Can you be Ready?
12:00pm PANEL DISCUSSION: How the Best Brands Respond to Reputational Threats
12:45pm Networking Luncheon
1:45pm Operating with Social Purpose: The New Table Stakes for Brand Success
2:30pm Case Study: An Amazonian's Response to "Inside Amazon: Wrestling Big Ideas in a Bruising Workplace"
3:15pm Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break in Exhibit Hall
3:45pm Hurricane Irma - What one of the Strongest Storms in History can Teach us about Crisis Communications
4:30pm Chairperson’s Day One Recap and Day Two Preview
5:00pm Networking HAPPY Hour at the Pool Bar
7:45am Continental Breakfast
8:30am Chairperson’s Day Two Opening Remarks
8:45am The Golden Hour: First Mover Advantage
9:45am Crisis Simulation
10:30am Morning Networking & Refreshment Break
11:00am Why Brands Need to Get Real
11:45am Social Media Panel: The Value of Human Connections in Maintaining Brand Reputation
12:30pm Networking Luncheon
1:30pm Managing the varying communication needs of multiple stakeholders - a view from The Virginia Department of Health
2:15pm Case Study: How McDonald’s Got Succession Planning Right
2:45pm Afternoon Networking & Refreshment Break
3:15pm Panel: Harnessing the Link Between CSR and Competitive Advantage
4:00pm Chairperson’s Closing Remarks
4:15pm End of Summit
Kara Alaimo, PhD
Global public relations consultant, trainer and professor
Author of "Pitch, Tweet or Engage on the Street"
Global Director of Public Relations, AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Customer Service/Social Media Manager, StubHub
Communications Director, Virginia Department of Health
Senior Vice President , Global Managing Director, Marketing Solutions, The Economist
Director of Public Relations, Loews Miami Beach Hotel
VP of Creative & Branding, Swimsuits For All
This event is targeted for multiple-sized, cross-industry organizations and senior-level professionals focused in:
- Public Relations/Communications
- Crisis/Issues/Reputation Management
- Corporate & Global Communications
- Digital PR and Social Media
- SEO/SEM Marketing
- Corporate & External Affairs
- Brand Management
- Public Affairs
- Market Research
- Content Creation
- Media Solutions
- Employee/Internal Communications
- Human Resources
- Regulatory Affairs
- Customer Experience
This conference will also be of interest to:
- Small, medium or large corporations
- Communication/PR/Marketing Agencies
- Marketing Service Providers
- Law Firms
Eden Roc Miami Beach
4525 Collins Ave
Miami Beach, FL
This upscale oceanfront hotel with a glamorous pool scene is a 10-minute drive from Lincoln Road's upscale shopping.
Fashionable quarters range from chic guestrooms to contemporary bilevel suites, some with whirlpool tubs. All feature flat-screen TVs, iPod docks, minifridges and WiFi. Many offer views of the Atlantic Ocean or Intercoastal Waterway and private balconies.
A resort fee covers WiFi, fitness-center access and beach chairs. Amenities include 4 pools, multiple restaurants (from casual Latin to upscale farm-to-table), a lobby bar and a posh spa (surcharge). Jet Skis, paddleboards and pool cabanas are available to rent.
List of Amenities:
- Outdoor Pool
- Laundry Service
- Business Centre
- Room Service
- Child Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Fitness Centre