- The author estimates that in 2016, there were 335,200 incident cases of uterine cancer in females worldwide, and expects that number to increase to 367,300 incident cases by 2025.
- Incidence rates are highest in Northern America and Europe, and lowest in Latin America and the Caribbean, while the number of incident cases is highest in Asia.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for uterine cancer are in Phase II, with only one drug in Phase I.
- Therapies in the pipeline for uterine cancer focus on a variety of targets. The vast majority of pipeline drugs in development are administered orally, with one drug being tested in an intravenous formulation.
- High-impact upcoming events for drugs in the uterine cancer space include topline Phase II trial results for XBO-101. There were three licensing and asset acquisition activities involving endometrial cancer drugs during 2013-18. The largest deal during that time was the March 2016 $1,119m exclusive licensing agreement between Exelixis and Ipsen, for cabozantinib’s commercialization and further development.
- The clinical trials distribution across Phases I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for uterine neoplasms have been in early and mid-phases of development, with 96.4% of trials in Phase I-II and only 3.6% in Phase IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of uterine neoplasms clinical trials globally, while Germany and Spain lead the major EU markets.
- Clinical trial activity in the uterine neoplasms space is dominated by completed trials. Sanofi has the highest number of completed clinical trials for uterine neoplasms, with six trials.
- Sanofi leads industry sponsors with the highest number of clinical trials for uterine neoplasms, followed by AstraZeneca and Eli Lilly.
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
Sponsors by status
Sponsors by phase
List of Figures
Figure 1: Trends in incident cases of uterine cancer, 2016-25
Figure 2: Overview of pipeline drugs for uterine cancer in the US
Figure 3: Pipeline drugs for uterine cancer, by company
Figure 4: Pipeline drugs for uterine cancer, by drug type
Figure 5: Pipeline drugs for uterine cancer, by classifications
Figure 6: Key upcoming events in uterine cancer
Figure 7: Licensing and asset acquisition deals in uterine cancer, 2013-18
Figure 8: Parent patents in uterine cancer
Figure 9: Clinical trials in uterine cancer
Figure 10: Top 10 drugs for clinical trials in uterine cancer
Figure 11: Top 10 companies for clinical trials in uterine cancer
Figure 12: Trial locations in uterine cancer
Figure 13: Uterine cancer trials status
Figure 14: Uterine cancer trials sponsors, by phase
List of Tables
Table 1: Incident cases of uterine cancer, 2016-25
Table 2: Pipeline drugs for uterine cancer in the US