- The author estimates that in 2016, there were 70,700 incident cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma worldwide, and expects that number to increase to 77,400 incident cases by 2025.
- Incidence rates are slightly higher in males compared to females, and are highest in the Northern America region. The approved drugs in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space target DNA, immune system, programmed death-1 receptor/programmed death ligands, antibody-drug conjugate, cluster of differentiation 30/TNFRSF8 and microtubules. The majority of approved drugs are administered via the intravenous route.
- The majority of industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for Hodgkin's lymphoma are in Phase II. Therapies in the pipeline for Hodgkin's lymphoma focus on a wide variety of targets. The majority of the pipeline drugs in development are administered via the oral and intravenous route, with one product being tested in intratumoral formulation.
- High impact upcoming events for drugs in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space include topline Phase II trial results for AFM13, and estimated PDUFAs for Adcetris and Opdivo.
- There were eight licensing and asset acquisition activities involving Hodgkin's lymphoma drugs during 2012-17. The largest deal during that time was the $1,410m exclusive licensing agreement (in August 2017) between Dermira, and Roche and Genentech for the development and commercialization of lebrikizumab.
- Opdivo sales ranked highest in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space during 2012-16 and are forecasted to remain the highest until 2021.
- The clinical trials distribution across Phase I-IV indicates that the majority of trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma have been in early and mid-phases of development, with 94% of trials in Phase I-II, and only 6% in Phase III-IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of Hodgkin's lymphoma clinical trials globally. France leads the major EU markets, while China has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space is dominated by completed trials. Takeda, Amgen and Merck & Co. have the highest number of completed clinical trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma, with 42, 28 and 25 completed trials, respectively.
- Takeda leads industry sponsors with by far the highest number of clinical trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma followed by Merck & Co
Hodgkin's Lymphoma Subtypes
Stem cell transplantation (SCT)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
KEY REGULATORY EVENTS
Blood Cancer Sector More Competitive After Keytruda Approval
Bristol’s Opdivo Is First Checkpoint Inhibitor Cleared For Blood Cancer
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
List of Figures
Figure 1: Trends in prevalent/incident cases of disease name, 2016-25
Figure 2: Incident Cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma, by gender, 2016
Figure 3: Overview of pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma in the US
Figure 4: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by company
Figure 5: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by drug type
Figure 6: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by classifications
Figure 7: Key upcoming events in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 8: Licensing and asset acquisition deals in Hodgkin's lymphoma, 2012-17
Figure 9: Parent patents in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 10: Clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 11: Top 10 drugs for clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 12: Top 10 companies for clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 13: Trial locations in Hodgkin's lymphoma
Figure 14: Hodgkin's lymphoma trials status
Figure 15: Hodgkin's lymphoma trials sponsors, by phase
List of Tables
Table 1: Incident cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma, 2016-25
Table 2: Marketed drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma
Table 3: Approvals by country for Hodgkin's lymphoma
Table 4: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma in the US
Table 5: Historical global sales, by drug ($m), 2012-16
Table 6: Forecasted global sales, by drug ($m), 2017-22