To purchase an Individual Volume or Section please E-mail us.
The Palmer Flooring Report provides a detailed analysis of the contract (commercial) flooring market in GB based on 630 detailed telephone interviews, desk research and detailed discussions with flooring manufacturers. It has been produced every 2-3 years since 1979 and is considered to be the key source for flooring market size and trend data in the UK market. The researcher works closely with the Contract Flooring Association (CFA) as well as most of the main flooring manufacturers in the compilation of this report to help improve the accuracy of data.
The contract floorcovering market is the market for floorcoverings installed in non-housing buildings, apart from contract work in both the social and private housing sectors. Excluded are retail products bought by homeowners, whoever they are actually installed by.
“The Palmer report is for us a long term benchmark which provides an insight into trends, customer opinions and competitive developments. It’s a regular barometer which assists with planning.”
General Manager, Forbo
“The Palmer report is an objectively constructed, thorough and invaluable tool for strategic planning. We have found, through correlation and comparison with broader indicators from other less specific data sources, that the report is a reliable reflection of market trends and stakeholder opinion”.
Marketing Manager, Tarkett
The main contract flooring products covered in the report are:
- Carpet Tile
- Resilient Sheet
- Resilient Tile
- Luxury Vinyl Tile (dry back and loose lay)
The following product groups are also covered, but in less detail:
- Carpet Roll
- Seamless Resin
- Ceramic Tiles and Terrazzo
The following building sectors are covered:
- Care homes
- Social housing
- Other private
- Other public
- 2000-2016: based on full years trading. At product group level market sizes are provided for 2014 and 2015. At a sub product group level (eg non directional vinyl sheet) and also by sector (eg offices, health), market sizes are only provided for the year when the report is published.
- 2017: based on first 3 quarters data at product group level.
- 2018-2019: forecasts based on models and desk research.
Market size data - contract flooring product categories
The product categories and sectors covered include the following:
- PVC Homogeneous
- Electro-Static Control
- PVC Heterogeneous
- Decorative Finish
- PVC Safety
- Fully Flexible Directional
- Fully Flexible Non-Directional
- LVT-Fully Adhered
- LVT-Loose Lay and Interlocking
- Tufted Cut Pile
- Tufted Loop Pile
- Tufted Cut & Loop Pile
- Other including Fusion Bonded
Other contract floorcoverings
- Carpet Roll
- Seamless Resin
- Ceramic Tiles
Flooring market size by type of floorcovering
Tables are provided by flooring type, flooring sub category and business sector. This includes forecasts to 2019 by flooring type and trend data back to 2000.
The report on the GB Contract Floorcoverings market is in three volumes:
Volume 1: Market size report
- Market size data by type of floorcovering and by building sector in sq m
- Market size data within floorcovering product categories(eg safety vinyl, tufted carpet tile)
- Years covered: 2000 to 2019
Volume 2: Manufacturer ratings and benchmarking
- Carpet tile and vinyl flooring manufacturers
- Ratings of all manufacturers by key attributes (eg service, product quality, technical backup)
- Process for selection of floorcoverings
- Brand awareness
- Preferred manufacturer (2007-2017)
- Environmental issues
Volume 3: Verbatim comments
- By specifiers, contractors, local authorities and distributors
- Feedback on individual manufacturers
- Feedback on the flooring market and key trends