This book is a comprehensive guide to graphene technology, industry and market. Graphene is the world's strongest and most conductive 2D material that is set to revolutionize entire industries.
The Graphene Handbook provides a great introduction to the world of graphene and covers everything you need to know about the graphene industry, market and technology. It is an invaluable guide for material engineers, business developers, researchers, equipment vendors, graphene material companies, private investors and anyone who wants to learn more about graphene today and in the future.
Reading this book, you'll learn all about:
- The properties of graphene
- Different production methods
- Possible graphene applications
- The latest graphene research
- The current market for graphene materials and products
- The main graphene challenges
- Other promising 2D materials
The book also provides:
- A history of graphene developments
- A graphene investment guide
- An introduction to graphene metrology and standardization
- A comprehensive list of graphene companies
- A guide to other carbon allotropes
Why do we think this is the best guide to graphene on the market?
- It's comprehensive: covers all the latest graphene research, companies, products and materials
- It's updated - includes the latest developments up until January 2018
- It's brought to you by the web's leading graphene experst and provides independent information
About the author
What is graphene?
Why is graphene so exciting?
Graphene Properties 5
Graphene substrates (handling graphene)
Graphene as a substrate for nanoparticles
Enabling a graphene bandgap
Graphene standardization efforts
Graphene measurements and characterization
On graphene’s environmental and health effects
Graphene quality control
Coatings and paints 26
Graphene thermal applications
Photonics / Optics
Medicine and biology
Graphene materials market
Graphene sheets (large area graphene)
Graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide
Graphene Quantum Dots (GQDs)
Material Market forecasts
Products with graphene on the market
Graphene-enhanced fashion items and accessories
Graphene inks, coatings, 3D printing materials
and industrial textiles
Graphene membranes for audio devices and
Energy storage devices
Investing in graphene
Pure play graphene companies
Manufacturing equipment makers
Large graphene projects
The Graphene Flagship
The UK’s graphene investments
IBM next-gen chip material drive
Korea’s $40 million graphene support fund
Main graphene challenges
Mass production and cost
Graphene sheet handling
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Other carbon allotropes
Appendix C: Other promising 2D materials
Appendix D: list of graphene companies
"The Graphene Handbook gives an excellent overview of the landscape over the last ten years. It is easily readable as a beginner's guide, but contains sufficient detail to be enlightening to a broad audience from industrial suppliers to potential graphene users"
"I found the book instantly readable and provided just the right level of detail. Invaluable as a reference source to a complex and fast moving sector. This book is exactly what I wanted..."
"The Graphene Handbook appeared very useful for me. It is well written and can be used as a skeleton for an orientation course for students. The handbook can also be very useful for someone in the business of popularization of science and technology."
Dr. Peter Tomaszewski