"Smoking Tobacco in Australia, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Australian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2026.
The Australian market for tobacco products is in long-term decline. In 2017, smoking tobacco accounted for 12.7% of all tobacco consumption, up from 6.8% in 2007. FCT (fine cut tobacco) dominates sales of the wider smoking tobacco market, accounting for 99.6% of sector sales in 2017. Demand for pipe tobacco has more than halved since 1990 to only 9 tons in 2017.
- Since 2014, the popularity of smoking tobacco has been growing with legal intake at 90.8g in 2017.
- In addition to the 2,100 tons of smoking tobacco consumed in 2017, there is a considerable amount of “chop-chop” or illegal loose tobacco available to consumers.
- Production of smoking tobacco in Australia is in the hands of the two main worldwide manufacturers: BAT and Imperial Tobacco.
- The Australian Government has been using tax policies to reduce tobacco use, although the effect has been to move cigarette smokers towards FCT and the non-duty paid sector.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Market context
- Market size and structure
- Production and trade
- Taxation and retail prices
- Manufacturers and brands
- The smoking population
- Operating constraints
- Prospects and forecasts