"Cigarettes in the Philippines, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Philippine market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
The cigarette market in the Philippines is large despite falling back recently. Although legitimate duty paid consumption was reported down by 12.1% to 79.3 billion pieces in 2016, this figure is still 16.8% up on 1990 volumes. However, the market has continued to contract in 2017.
- Legitimate per capita consumption peaked in 2004, but had fallen by 2007 before recovering in 2010 before falling in 2011. Data for 2012 puts average consumption at 985 pieces, but this was followed by a fall in 2013 and another decline in 2014.
- The prevalence of smuggled and counterfeit supplies increased in 2005 and 2006, although they have fallen a little since. They are currently rising in the face of tax hikes.
- The smoking population in the Philippines is large, with an estimated 29.8% of the adult population in 2014.
- Filtered products account for the vast majority of the cigarette market, the balance being mainly native, dark, non-filtered cigarettes.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/Labeling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 2: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 3: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, 2006-2016, Million Pieces
Table 4: Market Breakdown: Domestic v Imported, 2006-2016, % Breakdown
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Filter v Non-Filter, 2000-2010, Million Pieces
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Filter v Non-Filter, 2000-2010, % Volume
Table 7: Market Breakdown: High, Medium & Low Priced Brands, 2002-2012, % of Total
Table 8: Market Breakdown by Price, 2013, % Volume
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales, 2005-2016, Million Pieces
Table 10: Manufacturer Market Share, 2005-2016, % Volume
Table 11: Most Popular Cigarette Brands, 2009, % Purchasing Last
Table 12: Leading Cigarette Brands, 2012-2016, % Volume
Table 13: Cigarette Excise Duty Rates, 2000-2011, ? per Pack (20)
Table 14: Cigarette Excise Duty Rates, January, 2013-2017, ? per Pack (20)
Table 15: Cigarette Retail Prices, November 2013, Pesos/Pack
Table 16: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
Table 17: Distribution of Smoking by Sex & Age, % of Total, 2013
Table 18: Prevalence of Adult Current Smokers, % by Region, 2013
Table 19: Prevalence of Smokers by Place of Residence & Wealth Quintile, 2013
Table 20: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 21: Cigarette Imports, 1990-2016
Table 22: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2006-2016
Table 23: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
Table 24: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2008-2016
Table 25: Exports by Country of Destination, % Volume, 2008-2016
Table 26: Key Company Facts - Philip Morris Fortune Tobacco Company (PMFTC)
Table 27: Key Company Facts
Table 28: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology