This intensive 2 day course has been tailored for professionals in banking, commerce and trade and industry who need to gain a closer understanding of International Trade Finance.
The course provides a comprehensive foundation of all aspects of International Trade Finance in a global context covering the key concepts, practices and current developments.
This course will be of special interest to banking and commercial professionals, who wish to expand their knowledge base, enhance their expertise and advance their careers into the international trade finance arena.
By the end of this course you will have a sound understanding of:
- Foreign exchange & currency principles
- The underlying operations and processes in the international trade environment
- How trade finance is provided
- Trade finance instruments
- International payments
- Supply Chain Finance
Main topics covered:
- Structured Trade Finance
- Foreign Exchange risk
- Structured vs Secured Trade Finance
- Using collateral to manage credit risk
- Pre and post-shipment Trade Finance Instruments
- Trade Payments
- Sources of Trade Finance
- Loan Syndication
- Preparing documentation
- International Trade Payment Instruments
- International Payment Systems
- Correspondent Banking
- Supply Chain Finance
1. Introduction to Trade Finance
2. The International Monetary System
3. Introduction to Structured Trade Finance
4. Trade Finance Instruments
Case Study: Using trade paper to finance domestic grain trade.
5. Sources of Trade Finance
6. Loan Syndication
7. Operating Examples of Various Trade Finance Instruments
8. International Trade Payment Instruments
9. International Payment Systems
10. Payments in US Dollars – CHIPS
11. Correspondent Banking
12. Supply Chain Finance
13. Supply Chain Finance example
Over his career Richard was involved in International Trade Finance, Cross Border Payments and Settlements, Operational Risk, AML and Corporate Governance amongst others.
He has spent extensive time servicing a diversity of financial institutional clients in many countries including: UK, Ireland, China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Korea, Malawi, Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Poland, Sweden, Netherlands, Greece, Norway, Bermuda and across North America.
Clients that Richard has trained & consulted to include: JP Morgan, Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Qatar Exchange, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Central Bank of Egypt, Irish Gas, UBS, Central Bank of Ireland, Central Bank of Norway, Merrill Lynch, PGGM, BP, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, Instinet, Fundtech, European Central Bank, Brunei Investment Agency, British Steel Pension Fund, Salesforce and Tullet Prebon amongst others.
The course will be of value to professionals in the following areas:
- Commercial bankers from front/middle/back offices
- Commercial bankers dealing with the Forex market
- Trade finance practitioners
- Trading company managers, senior and operations staff
- Risk managers and risk management officers
United Arab Emirates
Venue to be announced shortly.