The analysis of the Romanian Construction Market is probably the most comprehensive report available on the market, studying the evolution of the construction industry in Romania. An industry exceeding 12 billion euros.
Some advantages of the study:
- It contains all the relevant statistical data (in NIS, NBR, Ministry of Finance etc) about construction
- Information is presented in tables and graphics - you can extract the necessary data for your own analysis and internal presentations without effort
- The possibility to scale the investment budgets and business goals based on expected market evolution and/or its segments (residential, industrial, infrastructure)
- Highlights the evolution of the existing competitive environment on construction market. Estimated market shares for Top 100 construction companies in Romania
- Indicators are updated including for the first six months of 2017 (based on availability)
- Information is quarterly updated and available to subscribed clients.
1. The analysis of the Romanian macro-economic environment
1.1. The evolution of the GDP 2007-S1 2017
1.2. Quarterly evolution - GDP in 2015 vs 2016
- Quarterly evolution of the GDP - value - 2015 vs 2016
1.3. Contribution to GDP % - 2012-2016 and estimations 2017-2020
1.4. The evolution of the GDP in the European Union (EU 27)
1.5. The share (%) of construction in GDP (EU27)
1.6. The employment rate in the European Union (EU27) - percentage of the total active population
- The unemployment rate in Romania (%)
- The number of unemployed - monthly breakdown
1.7. Population on January 1st - Persons
1.8. Foreign direct investments (FDI)
- Foreign direct investment in Romania by main economic activity (% of total FDI):
1.9. The evolution of the revenues/household and the structure of consumer spending
THE SIZE AND SEGMENTATION OF THE CONSTRUCTION MARKET IN ROMANIA
2. Analysis of the construction market and building permits in Romania 2008-2016
- 2.1. The total size of the construction market in Romania
- The value of signed contracts for construction works - by type of works, category and execution
2.2. Building Permits - evolution precursor of construction market in Romania
- Number of building permits issued (total) for buildings, in total (residential + non-residential)
- Number of building permits issued - by type of buildings
- Average useful area (authorized) - by type of buildings
- Average useful area/authorized building (sqm) - by type of building
- Number of building permits issued - by residence area (Urban/Rural)
- Total useful area (authorized) - by residence area
- Average useful area/building permit (sqm) - by residence area
- Number of building permits issued - breakdown by regions
- Total useful area (authorized) - breakdown by regions
- Average useful area/building permit (sqm) - breakdown by regions
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION MARKET - DETAILED ANALYSIS
3. Detailed analysis of Romanian construction market - residential segment (2008-2016)
3.1. Analysis of permits for residential construction - 2008-2016
- How many dwellings are completed annually in Romania? Detailed analysis of construction for new dwellings.
- Which are the authorised areas per buildings and per dwelling?
- How the building permits are divided between urban and rural?
- Which are the most dynamic regions as regards building permits?
3.2. How many dwellings are completed annually in Romania? Detailed analysis of construction for new dwellings.
- The number of completed dwellings - by funding sources
- Which is the difference between the number of dwellings completed annually and building permits?
- The number of completed dwellings vs. the number of authorized dwellings - by residence area
- Number of completed dwellings - breakdown by regions
- Which are the most dynamic regions in terms of completed dwellings?
- Which are the properties of new dwellings? How big are these? Which construction materials were used?
- Completed dwellings from year-to-year by number of rooms/dwelling
- Living area (sqm) of dwellings completed each year - breakdown by residential areas
- Size of completed dwellings each year - breakdown by residential areas
- Construction materials were used - Number of completed dwellings - breakdown by the construction material of the outer walls and by residential areas
- Which are the most dynamic counties by new dwellings?
3.3. How many dwellings are in Romania? Analysis of the dwellings stock
- Number of existing dwellings - breakdown by residential areas
- Number of existing dwellings - breakdown by areas
- How many Romanians are living in a dwelling?
- How much living space has available a Romanian?
- Average living area (sqm)/ inhabitant - breakdown by residential areas
- Number of existing rooms available at the end of the year
- Number of existing rooms by the end of the year - breakdown by region
- Average number of inhabitants/room - breakdown by region
3.4. How many dwellings are needed in Romania?
- How many buildings are needed due to deterioration of existing ones?
- How old are the buildings in Romania?
- Dwellings problems from the inhabitants point of view (Source: INSSE sociological survey - Survey on Quality of Life (ACAV)
- How many dwellings are needed as a result of demographic changes?
- Evolution of demographic variables generating a demand for new dwellings. Breakdown by regions
- How local migration influence the need for dwellings?
- Why is one of four homes completed in Bucharest-Ilfov?
3.5. Which are the sources of funding the construction of new dwellings?
- Real estate credit - the main source of influence new dwellings construction in urban area
- The estimated value of mortgage loans offered annually (mil. euro)
- Estimated financial impact of the mortgage in relation with construction for new dwellings
- Impact of the"Prima Casa" program
- The number of guarantees granted by "Prima Casa" program and their value
- Impact of contributions from Romanians who work outside the country on construction of dwellings
- How many Romanians are working abroad?
- How much money sending Romanians working abroad?
- Which is the destination of money sent from abroad? 50% consumption sector, 50% investment, including construction sector
- Estimated impact on construction from residential sector in relation to remittances sent by Romanians abroad
- Reliable demand for residential construction works - from where the money comes?
- Population savings and financing of residential construction from own resources
- Positive outlook: the purchasing power of customers has increased in recent years. Comparative evolution of income and real estate prices.
- Factors influencing the prices of new dwellings
- How will evolve the prices for older dwellings
- The recent evolution in the number of real estate transactions
4. Analysis of non-residential construction market
4.1. Building permits for non-residential constructions
- Total useful area (authorized) - non-residential buildings
- Number of construction permits for non-residential buildings - by residence areas (Urban/Rural)
- Total useful authorized area for non-residential buildings - by residence areas
- Number of building permits issued for non-residential buildings - breakdown by regions
- Total useful authorized area for non-residential buildings - breakdown by regions (sqm)
- Segmentation of total useful authorized area for non-residential buildings - breakdown by regions
4.2. The value of non-residential construction works
- The value of non-residential construction works - by type of works
- The value of non-residential construction works - by type of works and by category of objects
4.3. The qualitative analysis of the industry and the prospects of the non-residential construction market
- The industrial market and logistic facilities
- Retail market overview
- Economic performances, number of shops and expansion plans for unspecialized retailers (hyper/supermarket)
- Number of existing stores - nationwide
- Economic performance, number of stores and expansion plans for the DIY retailers
- Number of stores - nationwide
- Office market in Romania
ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE CONSTRUCTIONS
5. Analysis of construction market - civil-engineering and state funded works
5.1. Value of civil engineering works - by type of works - 2009-2015
- Evolution of engineering construction value by type of work - 2007-2014
FORECASTS AND CONCLUSIONS
6. Forecast of construction market in Romania
7. The analysis of the main construction materials markets in Romania
7.1. Cement market in Romania - 2008-S1 2017
7.2. Concrete market in Romania - 2008-S1 2017
7.4. Masonry materials market - the total size and segmentation depending of the type of materials
- Size and segmentation in terms of quantity
- Size and segmentation in terms of value (2010-S1 2017)
- Market volume of Ceramic Bricks Market volume of Ceramic Bricks
- Market volume of AAC
7.5. Analysis of expandable polystyrene market - 2010-S1 2017
7.6. Roofing materials market - 2008-2016
- Total market size (mil. euro) and its segmentation by type of roofing
- The total volume of the market (sqm) and its segmentation by type of roofing
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS OF THE MAIN COMPANIES IN THE CONSTRUCTION SECTOR
8. Financial analysis of top 100 construction companies in Romania
8.1. Top 100 construction companies
8.2. Top 50 construction companies of residential and non-residential buildings
8.3. Top 50 roads and highways construction companies