Oil Price Recovery and Growing Demand for Oil
Due to the oil price recovery during 2016-2017, the oil & gas expenditure experienced a growth of about 25% during the said period. The oil & gas demand is consistently increasing and is expected to witness a growth of about 2.5% during the forecast period. The current producing fields are reaching their maturity. Hence, in order to meet the oil & gas demand, the oil & gas industry’s expenditure is expected to increase on exploration for new fields, as well as on enhanced oil recovery projects, to increase recovery from the producing fields. Due to the growing oil production and increasing demand for downstream products, the midstream and downstream industry infrastructure expenditures are expected to register substantial growth in the next five years. Growing investments in upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas industry are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
North America to Lead the Market
North America, which holds the largest share of the global oil & gas production, is the market leader for construction services in the oil & gas industry. This region is expected to register a substantial growth during the forecast period, owing to growing oil & gas activities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The United States is experiencing a substantial growth in oil & gas activities owing to increasing production from the Permian Basin of Texas and the Gulf of Mexico. The US oil production is expected to be further driven by the government policy to open almost all the US water for exploration and production activities. Canada, with stability in oil prices, is expected to experience increasing investments in the oil & gas industry, allowing private players to explore some of its most prominent oil sand reserves. New oil & gas construction projects are expected to start in Mexico due to the requirement of infrastructural development activities in the oil & gas industry. Hence, growing oil & gas industry activities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico are expected to drive the market in North America during the forecast period.
Growing Investments in Saudi Arabia
In order to maintain the dominance in the oil & gas sector, Saudi Arabia is investing heavily in the upstream industry to upscale the oil & gas production. Moreover, this country has also heavily invested in midstream and downstream infrastructure, in order to process the produced oil & gas. The country is moving from oil consumption toward gas consumption, in order to reduce the domestic consumption of, and, in turn, improve the export of, crude oil. As a result, the midstream and downstream industries in the country are going through a restructuring. Hence, growing investment in the upstream and downstream sectors, and restructuring of midstream and downstream sectors are expected to drive the construction services market in oil & gas in the country.
Notable Developments in the Market
- Jan 2018: National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) won a contract for construction of the pipeline and five well platforms for Ratna field of ONGC located on the west coast of India.
- Dec 2017: Statoil awarded TechnipFMC Plc a construction contract for Snorre Field expansion projects.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing the effect of oil prices and oil & gas industry dynamics on upstream, midstream and downstream construction services market.
- Identifying strategies of major oil & gas companies and oil-producing countries, and analyze their effect on the market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying which end-user industry is expected to dominate the market.
- Identifying which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period and why.
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Investment Opportunities
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Construction Services Market Outlook for Oil & Gas Industry, by Location (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
6. Global Construction Services Market Outlook for Oil & Gas Industry, by Sector (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7. Global Construction Services Market Outlook for Oil & Gas Industry, by Geography (Market Overview, Market Size and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.1 United Kingdom
7.3.2 The Netherlands
7.3.3 Rest of Europe
7.4 South America
7.4.4 Rest of South America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.1 Saudi Arabia
7.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Business Segmentation, Financials**, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd
8.2 Bechtel Corporation
8.3 Fluor Corporation
8.4 CIMIC Group Ltd.
8.5 Saipem S.p.A
8.6 Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
8.7 TechnipFMC PLC
8.8 Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
8.9 Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
8.10 Larsen & Toubro Limited
8.11 Amec Foster Wheeler PLC
*List is not exhaustive
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
9.2 Joint Ventures and Collaborations
** Subjected to availability in public domain
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd
- Bechtel Corporation
- Fluor Corporation
- CIMIC Group Ltd.
- Saipem S.p.A
- Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering
- TechnipFMC PLC
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited
- Amec Foster Wheeler PLC