Market is Driven by Rising Demand for Transport Vehicles
Coil coatings find their application in manufacturing of typical components, such as sheet and panels for containers, caravan and interior, insulated boxes, trailer bodies, road and railway coaches. The production of commercial vehicles increased from 5.68 million units in 2011 to 8.26 million in 2016. The increase in the overall production of automotive is expected to drive the growth of the coil coating market in the region.
Polyester Coil Coating to Continue its Growth during the Forecast Period
By material type, the demand for polyester type coil coating is likely to continue its growth, due to its superior physical and chemical properties, such as high resistance to chemicals and high durability for interior and exterior surface of buildings, and good formability. Polyester coil coatings are formulated for interior or exterior surface, and can be applied as one-coat application, or basecoat, or topcoat, where durability and protection from corrosion are needed.
United States to Possess the Highest Share of Market
In North American region, the United States accounts for more than half of the coil coating market, supported by open investment policy, a large consumer market, available infrastructure, highly skilled workforce, government incentives, making the United States a premier market for any automotive company. During the forecast period, residential, commercial, and education construction is likely to be strong in the pacific region, mainly in California, where the pricing for housing is very high.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2017: Danieli Fata Hunter launched a double-coated continuous coil coating, with capacity of 250,000 metric ton coated steel per annum. This is a 600-fpm (183 mpm) line, with the processing of cold rolled, galvanized, pickled hot band, and Galvalume steel coils.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future North America coil coating market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Raw Material Analysis
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Supplies
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Rising Demand in Building and Construction Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Usage in Production of Home Appliances
4.1.3 Rising Demand in Automotive Sector
4.2.1 High Cost of Raw materials and Labour
4.2.2 Environmental Regulations
4.3.1 Technological Advancements in Production Process
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth & Forecast)
5.1 By Resin Type
5.1.2 Polyvinylidine Fluorides (PVDF)
5.1.3 Polyurethane (PU)
5.1.5 Others (Epoxy, etc.)
5.2 By End-User Industry
5.2.1 Building & Construction
5.2.2 Industrial and Domestic Appliances
5.2.4 Home and Office Furniture
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth & Forecast)
6.1 United States
6.4 Rest of North America
7. Future of Industry
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.3 Market Share Analysis**
8.4 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials** Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
9.1 Coil Coaters
9.1.2 CENTRIA Coating Services
9.1.3 Chemcoaters LLC
9.1.4 Dura Coat Products, Inc.
9.1.5 Goldin Metals, Inc.
9.1.6 Hydro Aluminium
9.1.7 Jupiter Coil Coating
9.1.8 Metal Coaters
9.1.12 US Steel
9.2 Paint Suppliers
9.2.1 Akzo Nobel
9.2.2 Axalta Coatings System
9.2.5 Kansai Paints
9.2.8 Yung Chi Paint & Varnish Mfg. Co., Ltd.
9.3 Pretreatment, Resins, Pigments, Equipment
**Subject to Availability on public Domain
- CENTRIA Coating Services
- Chemcoaters LLC
- Dura Coat Products Inc.
- Goldin Metals Inc.
- Hydro Aluminium
- Jupiter Coil Coating
- Metal Coaters
- US Steel
- Akzo Nobel
- Axalta Coatings System
- Kansai Paints
- Yung Chi Paint & Varnish Mfg. Co. Ltd.