Demand of probiotics in North America
Probiotics are widely used in farm livestock, companion animals and in aquaculture, as they are principally associated with reducing clinical disease and increasing growth rates. The U.S. probiotics market for poultry, is likely to grow at steady rates owing to increase in meat consumption, particularly chicken.
In this regard, poultry occupies the larger market share followed by swine and ruminants.
Lactobacilli is one of the most largely commercially available sources of probiotics in feed. Countries of North America are expected to become major markets owing to the high awareness among consumers and it will contributes to the growth of the North America probiotics in feed market in the near future.
On the basis of geography, United States dominates the region followed by Canada and Mexico.
Livestock Disease Outbreak Fuelling Market Growth
The demand in North America for probiotics in feed is growing significantly, as the awareness about animal health among breeders, increasing demand for nutrient-rich feed for animals, and increasing demand for quality animal feed products. Food safety has become an important issue for many governments around the world, especially in North America. Consumers of North America are now more aware and informed and giving importance to the extrinsic quality attributes of the meat they consume and conditions under which their meat is produced. Certain pathogenic and parasitic contaminations in meat products such as salmonella, listeria and E. coli, along with various disease outbreaks in livestock animals such as swine flu and foot and mouth disease in the past decade have raised concerns over meat quality and safety.
Key Developments in the Market
- December, 2017 - Neovia announced the acquisition of Epicore, which is a North American company specialized in the manufacture of larval feed and probiotics on the global aquaculture market.
- December, 2017 - DSM Acquires BioCare Copenhagen to Increase Gut Health Ingredients Portfolio with Probiotics
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Study on the product type and application expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the country expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Expansion of Animal Derived Products' Market
5.1.2 Better Standard Of Living & Increase in Preference
5.2.1 Regulatory Structure & Intervention
5.2.2 Unavailability of Raw Materials
5.3.1 Ban on Antibiotics Opening New Avenues for Non Antibiotic Growth Promoters (NGPS)
6. North America Feed Probiotics Market, By Type
7. North America Feed Probiotics Market, By Animal Type
8. North America Feed Probiotics Market, By Country
8.1 United States
8.3 Rest of North America
9. Competitive Landscape and Introduction
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
10.1 Attune Foods, LLC
10.2 Royal Dsm N.V.
10.4 Chr. Hansen A/S
10.5 Du Pont