Rising safety concerns to fuel growth
Electronic stability control detects loss of traction and automatically applies brakes to improve vehicle’s stability. Africa is a huge potential market; however, it will take a little time for the electronic stability control systems to become standard in the automobiles sold. The sales of automobiles are currently very low but are expected to grow exponentially, especially in markets like Ghana and Nigeria that are experiencing a rise in the disposable incomes. But the highest growth in the forecast period is expected to be shown by the Asia-Pacific region, where there has been rising safety concerns and more stringent regulations. India is forecasted to show the highest rate of growth in the region. A majority of the entry level hatchbacks sold in India recently scored a 0 in the Euro NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) safety ratings and this created awareness about the poor level of safety standards. Since then, some safety features have started coming as standard in all models. The National Highway Truck Safety Administration finalized a rule in 2015 that makes it mandatory for commercial motor vehicles to include electronic stability control systems. This legislation will have a positive effect on the electronic stability control systems market.
Slow economic growth in Latin America to hinder market
ESC Systems come as standard in most of the luxury car models. The sales of luxury cars are rising rapidly in the Asia-Pacific region, which will boost the electronic stability control systems market. Latin America is anticipated to be the slowest growing market due to the sluggish growth in the passenger and commercial vehicle sales as a result of the poor economic growth scenario. Overall, the market is predicted to grow the fastest in the passenger vehicle segment in the region. The growth in the market will be a result of the tightening legislation all over the world that will make it mandatory to have such systems in the passenger and commercial vehicles.
The market has been segmented by vehicle type (passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles) and geography (North America, South America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific).
Key developments in the Market:
- January 2018: Michigan National Guard Humvees retrofitted with electronic stability control systems developed by Ricardo Defense Systems
- December 2017: Electronic stability control becomes mandatory for any new car sold within UK.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- The report analyses how the shift towards safety will drive the global automotive electronic stability control system market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Government Regulations and Legislations
5.1.2 Consumer Preference for Safety
5.2.1 Fluctuations in Global Economy
5.2.2 Ever-Increasing Raw Material Prices
5.3.1 Rising Income and Purchasing Power in Asia-Pacific Region
5.3.2 Hatchback Segment in the US and Europe
6. Automotive Electronic Stability Control Systems Market, Segmented by Vehicle Type
6.1 Passenger Vehicles
6.1.3 Premium Cars
6.2 Commercial Vehicles
6.2.1 Light Commercial Vehicles
6.2.2 Heavy Commercial Vehicles
7. Automotive Electronic Stability Control Systems Market, Segmented by Geography
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.2 South America
7.4.1 United Kingdom
7.5 Africa and Middle East
7.5.2 South Africa
7.5.3 Saudi Arabia
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
8.3 Developments of Key Players
9. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
9.3 Continental Ag
9.4 Delphi Automotive
9.5 Fujitsu Ten
9.8 Johnson Electric
9.9 Toyoda Gosei
9.10 Trw Automotive
10. Future Outlook of the Market