There are two popular versions of fuel injection - port fuel injection and direct injection. Port fuel injection is more commonly used due to lower costs whereas direct fuel injection is the latest development in fuel injection systems. The direct injection system is designed specifically for four or two stroke engines. The main benefit of using direct injection in a 2-wheeler is that the fuel and air can be perfectly released and then injected into the cylinder according to the engine load capacity.
Asia-Pacific is expected to see growth in the fuel injection market due to the increasing number of manufacturers adopting the fuel injection systems since these systems offer better performance and efficiency. Some of the advantages of fuel injection systems are better mileage, improved throttle response and lower emissions. These factors are becoming increasingly important in the present scenario and will be huge selling points in the market. In the developed European and North American markets, the growth rate of the fuel injection systems is expected to move proportionately with the growth of sales of 2-wheelers. African countries such as Nigeria and Ghana are expected to become potential markets post-2020. With the rise in disposable incomes, an increase in the demand for more advanced 2-wheelers is forecasted. Due to heavy research and development in this space, these systems have become increasingly inexpensive, and this is anticipated to drive growth in the market during the forecast period.
The 151 cc - 250 cc bike segments are expected to see the highest rate of growth in the forecast period, followed by the 100-150cc segments. This segment holds the largest share in the 2-wheeler market. Most of the 501cc and above 2-wheelers already offer the fuel injection systems as standard, so the segment is projected to see the slowest growth in the forecast period.
The market has been segmented by engine size (up to 100cc, 100-150cc, 151-250 cc, 251-500cc, 500 cc and above), technology (port fuel injection and direct fuel injection) and region (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia-Pacific).
Key Developments in the Market:
- January 2018: Hyosung GT250R and Aquila Pro get an updated fuel injected mill to enhance efficiency and performance.
- December 2017: Robert Bosch GmBH showcased an advanced technology which combines fuel injection control and ignition into a single unit.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- The report analyses how the stringent emission control norms will drive the global 2 wheeler fuel injection system market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing Demand for Fuel-Efficient Vehicles
5.1.2 Stringent Emission Control Norms
5.2.1 Four-Wheelers Provide More Safety
5.2.2 Increase in Adoption of Electric Vehicles
5.3.1 Growing Demand for Higher End Bikes
5.3.2 Engine Downsizing Trend
6. Global 2 Wheeler Fuel Injection Market, Segmented by Engine Size
6.1 Upto 100 Cc
6.2 101-500 Cc
6.3 501 Cc and Above
7. Global 2 Wheeler Fuel Injection Market, Segmented by Technology Type
7.1 Port Fuel Injection
7.2 Direct Fuel Injection
8. Global 2 Wheeler Fuel Injection Market, Segmented by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2 South America
8.4.1 United Kingdom
8.5 Africa and Middle East
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
10.1 Continental Ag
10.2 Delphi Automotive
10.3 Denso Corporation
10.4 Ducati Energia
10.7 Robert Bosch Gmbh
10.10 Ucal Fuel Systems
11. Future Outlook of the Market