Demand from the electric vehicle segment
With the growing concern for optimizing energy consumption and reducing CO2 emissions has led to the introduction of regulations for the automotive industry. The regulation of emissions standard for vehicles in particular has led to a paradigm change, resulting in the promotion of innovative concepts for the construction of light automotive components. In addition to substituting heavy materials, such as steel, with lighter metals like aluminum, the use of structural die-cast components also contributes to reducing the weight of automobiles.
Electric or hybrid vehicles also benefit significantly, where drive and powertrain elements such as electric motors can be manufactured using structural components made of die-cast aluminum, zinc and copper. Electric vehicle industry has been rapidly developing internationally due to a confluence of factors such as emission norms, industry shifts and shift in consumer preferences. Demand for electric and hybrid vehicles is increasing because of growing environmental concerns regarding CO2 emissions and efforts by government authorities (EC) and programs (such as Europe NCAP) to make vehicles more fuel-efficient. With the recovery of the economy in many countries, real income of the people is expected to grow up, along with the shift of consumer preference to fuel efficient vehicles, which will further increase the adoption of electric vehicles in the forecast period.
Cost issues and resource inefficiencies
The decisions and measures adopted by the global regulatory authorities to protect the climate are having a significant impact on the aluminum casting foundries. The European Union has plans to bring down the primary energy usage to around 20% by the year 2020. The energy savings target (i.e. to cut primary energy usage) has been formulated for the subsequent period, extending to the year 2050.
The renewables reallocation charges imposed by the German Renewable Energies Act on Germany, one of the world’s top three automakers, impacts the cost of electrical energy. Although die-casting being an energy-intensive process, the die-casting companies cannot apply for an exemption from, or reduction of the reallocation charge, payable under §41 subs of the German Energy Taxation Act (EnergieStG).
Almost 8% of the production costs in die casting go to energy costs; hence, the uncertainties in natural gas and petroleum price also influence the industry, drastically increasing overall production cost.
Die-cast tooling and die-cast engineering require a significant degree of capital. Additionally, the usage of metals as raw materials comes with price instability and any fluctuations in the global economy, influx in exchange rates, make the cost of raw materials volatile. Demand side of the aluminum and zinc alloy market is pressurizing the supply side and prices are further expected to grow up during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market:
- January 2018: Novelis, announces plans to invest in a $300 million automotive aluminum sheet manufacturing facility in Guthrie, Kentucky.
- September 2017: Gränges AB and Japan’s Mitsubishi Aluminum Co., Ltd. Step into a new joint venture.
- September 2017: Jaguar Land Rover, as a part of USD 2.47 million project “REALITY” is intending to expand the use of recycled aluminum in car bodies.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
● Provides latest insights into the Global Automotive Parts Aluminum Die-Casting Market.
● Gives a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape in the automotive industry segmented by production process type, application type and by geography.
● Analyses the market scenario with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
● Forecasts the market volume and value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints.
● 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market dynamics
5.1.1 Stringent EPA Regulations
5.1.2 Demand from the commercial vehicle segment in Europe
5.1.3 Technological advancements and innovation
5.2.1 Cost issues and resource inefficiencies
5.2.2 Economic sluggishness and socio-economic concerns in Europe
5.2.3 Outsourcing to APAC countries
5.3.1 Recovery of European automobile market
5.3.2 Demand from the electric vehicle segment
5.3.3 Focus on R&D through technological innovation
6. Global Automotive Parts Aluminum Die Casting Market Segmentation by production process type
6.1 Pressure Die Casting
6.2 Vacuum Die Casting
6.3 Squeeze Die Casting
6.4 Semi Solid Die Casting
7. Global Automotive Parts Aluminum Die Casting Market Segmentation by application type
7.1 engine parts
7.2 transmission components
7.3 body parts
8. Global Automotive Parts Aluminum Die Casting Market Segmentation by geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2.1 The United Kingdom
8.3.4 South Korea
8.4 Latin America
8.4.4 Rest Of Latin America
8.5 Africa & Middle East
8.5.1 South Africa
8.5.4 Saudi Arabia
9. Competitive landscape
9.1 market share analysis
9.2 strategies & recent developments by leading players
10. Company profiles
10.1 Georg Fischer Limited
10.2 Kspg Ag
10.3 Ryobi Aluminum Casting Ltd.
10.5 Trimet Aluminum Se
10.6 Martinrea Honsel
10.7 Montupet S.A.
10.8 Ksm Castings
10.9 ALBERT HANDTMANN METALLGUSSWERK Gmbh & CO. KG
10. Brabant Alucast
10.11 Saint Jean Industries
10.12 Officine Meccaniche Rezzatesi
10.13 Ae Group Ag
10.15 Pace Industries
10.16 Endurance Technologies Private Limited
10.17 Shiloh Industries
- Georg Fischer Limited
- Kspg Ag
- Ryobi Aluminum Casting Ltd.
- Trimet Aluminum Se
- Martinrea Honsel
- Montupet S.A.
- Ksm Castings
- ALBERT HANDTMANN
- METALLGUSSWERK Gmbh & CO. KG
- Brabant Alucast
- Saint Jean Industries
- Officine Meccaniche Rezzatesi
- Pace Industries
- Endurance Technologies Private Limited
- Shiloh Industries