North America food flavor market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.3% for the period 2018-2023 recording a revenue of USD 2.39 billion in 2016. North America holds 26% of the global food flavors market.
Growing preference for natural flavors
Increased use of natural herbs and spices in culinary to get a tinge of flavor in their food which become an industrial need to cater to the big food processors. Due to increasing working women population there is a high demand for processed food which the food manufacturers need to cater to the increasing population, using different flavors. Consumption of a low fat, low salt and low carbohydrate foods are also a key drivers to increase the consumption of flavors. As flavors are region and country specific, manufacturers are constantly innovating to hold a larger share of the pie in the market.
Increasing consumer awareness on health is a major constraint in artificial flavors market. As in when consumers realize and grow aware about the negative side of the artificial flavors, there is a decrease in demand for artificial flavors and uptick in demand for the natural flavors. As massive natural resources are required to extract flavors, many of the new entrants face a challenge in the flavor market. The changing taste preferences of the consumer are also constant constraints for the manufactures.
Beverage Industry holds the highest share
The food flavor market is segmented as natural, artificial and Nature Identical Flavorings. In 2015, the market for natural flavors accounted for nearly 35%. There is a constant decrease in demand for the artificial food flavors from past several years. Beverage industry holds the highest market by application followed by confectionary, soup and bakery products. The major constraint in the natural flavors industry is the need of huge amount of natural resources to extract the flavors according to the consumer preferences. The major manufacturing hubs in the globe are North America and Europe which constitute the majority share in the food flavors market. US hold a major share among North American countries.
Strong growth in low-fat and low-carbohydrate foods and beverages will increase demand in the North American flavor and fragrance market. However, Asia will gradually overtake the North American market due to increased growth estimated for this region.
Major player: GIVAUDAN, FIRMENICH, IFF, STYMIES AG.,QUEST, TAKASAGO, SENSIENT, DANISCO, MANE, ARIAKE U.S.A.,Inc., CARGILL Inc., KERRY GROUP, CORBION PURAC, BASF
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Key Findings
3. Market Overview & Dynamics
3.2.1 Increasing sensory oriented consumers
3.3.1 Mounting raw material prices
3.4.1 Wider Acceptance of GSFA for improved International Trade
3.5 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.5.1 Bargaining power of Suppliers
3.5.2 Bargaining power of Buyers
3.5.3 Degree of Competition
3.5.4 Threat of Substitution
3.5.5 Threat of new entrants
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Natural Flavor
4.1.2 Synthetic Flavor
4.1.3 Nature Identical Flavorings
4.2 By Application
4.2.4 Meat & fish products
4.2.5 Snacks & savories
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
5. Competitive Landscape Overview
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategies by leading players
5.3 New Product Developments &Other Innovations
6. Company Profiles
6.3 Ariake U.S.A.,INC.
6.4 Cargill Inc
6.5 Kerry Group
6.6 Corbion Purac
6.7 Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
6.8 FMC Corporation
6.9 Symrise AG
6.11 International Fragrance and Flavors, Inc.(IFF)
6.13 Dupont- Danisco
6.14 D.D. Williamson & Co Inc.