Increasing Demand for High-resolution Display is Driving the Market
In 2012, the indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) display technology was first incorporated into LCD panels. The following years saw the advent of consumer electronics, such as smartphones and laptops, featuring the same innovative technology display. Since 2012, the IGZO technology has had a rapidly increasing demand, for instance, the major players launched a few products, like Dell XPS 13 laptop from Dell Inc., Razer Blade 14 gaming laptop from Razer Inc., and iPad mini 2 & iPad Air from Apple, which featured IGZO display. With the industry trend and market clamor gearing towards high definition and power efficient display panels, IGZO has been the fastest fitting display till date, and the trend is expected to continue at the same pace during the forecast period.
Smartphones Have a Major Market Share
The increasing penetration of smartphones in emerging nations and the availability of smartphones at various price ranges are affecting the growth of the market. Connected technologies and cloud technologies are being integrated into smartphones, resulting in adoption from various verticals for business and industrial purposes. Global smartphone shipments have almost doubled in the last four years reaching a value of 1.4 billion in 2016 from 725 million units in 2012. IGZO’s are deployed in the devices to enable high-resolution display. IGZO technology supports smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices. Thus, the consumption of smartphones is growing, which is expected to drive the demand for IGZO in the industry.
Asia-Pacific Dominated the Market
Increasing usage of smartphones, tablets, and other electronic devices with the growing integration of BAW sensors in automobile applications in the developed and developing economies, such as US, China, South Korea, Japan, and India, are expected to witness substantial growth during the forecast period. North America followed the Asia-Pacific in this market, due to the presence of various key players in this region.
Europe and Latin America offer potential growth opportunities in the market due to the increasing demand for advanced technologies from various applications, this is expected to the drive the market in the regions.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017 - Sharp Corporation announced the launch of its latest bezel-less smartphone, dubbed as the “Sharp Aquos R Compact” in the company’s homeland, Japan. It was available for purchase in Japan, in December 2017, exclusively via Softbank Japan in Amethyst Purple, Diamond Yellow, Tourmaline Black, and Moon White colour variants. The key highlights of the smartphone are its 16.4MP rear camera, Google’s latest Android 8.0 Oreo OS, and a 4.9-inch FHD+ IGZO display with a screen resolution of 2032 x 1080 pixels.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Increasing demand for high resolution display act as a driver to the global market scenario.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the regions which are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Greater Incidences of Food-Borne Diseases
4.1.2 Food Trade Going Global
4.1.3 Food Industry Adopting Rapid Microbiological Tests at a Faster Pace
4.1.4 Organizations promoting Food Safety
4.2.1 High Cost and Highly Time Consuming Food Safety Test Pattern
4.2.2 Concerns for GMO labelling
4.3.1 Growing Consumer Awareness for food safety
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Contaminants Type
5.1.3 Pesticides and Residues
5.1.4 Chemical contaminants
5.1.5 Toxins and Heavy metals
5.1.6 Food Allergen
5.2 By Food Type
5.2.2 Fruits & Vegetables
5.2.3 Meat & Poultry
5.2.5 Processed Foods
5.3 By Technology
5.3.1 Traditional Technology
5.3.2 Rapid Technology
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 SGS S.A.
7.2 Bureau Veritas S.A.
7.3 Intertek Group PLC
7.4 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
7.5 Eurofins Scientific
7.6 OMIC USA Inc.
7.8 Det Norske Veritas As (DNV GL)
7.9 Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation (Silliker, Inc.)
7.10 Romer Labs Inc.
7.11 Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance Limited.
7.12 Accugen Laboratories, Inc.
7.13 ADPEN Laboratories
7.14 Avomeen Analytical Services
7.15 Columbia Food Laboratories
7.16 EMSL Analytical, Inc.
- SGS S.A.
- Bureau Veritas S.A.
- Intertek Group PLC
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Eurofins Scientific
- OMIC USA Inc.
- Det Norske Veritas As (DNV GL)
- Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation (Silliker Inc.)
- Romer Labs Inc.