Evolving Lighting Technologies in Automotive Industry
LEDS and laser are most trending automotive lighting technologies, and gradually experiencing increase in the adoption rate majorly in the luxury and premium type segmented vehicles. Among the aforementioned lighting technology, LEDS have already started penetrating into medium class cars. Exterior lighting being an essential part for every automobiles, has significantly covered a major of the lighting market.
There have been growing concerns for vehicular safety around the world. Exterior lighting forms an important part of vehicular safety. Many countries have come out with stringent lighting regulations that require a specific brightness or temperature of the headlamps. This is driving the automotive lighting market. Automobiles in developed economies have already come up with a higher standard of lighting but in order to save on costs, they often do not meet the regulations. This will cause the developing markets to rise at higher rates.
Asia-Pacific Covering Major Share in the Market
Car manufacturers known for their more flamboyant interiors have been gaining popularity, especially in the fast-growing Asia-Pacific. In some of the Asia-Pacific countries, the prices of automobiles are relatively high and customers expect a high quality of interiors and exteriors at that price point, so manufacturers have to invest in upgrading them specifically for the price conscious Asia-Pacific region.
Increasing Passenger Car Sales to Boost the Market
Passenger cars sales have been increasing across the globe. In 2016, global passenger car sales accounted for 69,464,432 units. China has the largest share for passenger vehicles, followed by the United States, Japan, Germany, South Korea and India. China alone contributed to 26.99% of the global sales. This improvement in sales in expected to encourage automakers to ramp up the production activities, driving the market for automotive lighting over the forecast period.
Major Players: KOITO MANUFACTURING CO. LTD, STANLEY ELECTRIC CO. LTD, VALEO GROUP, MAGNETIC MARELLI S.P.A amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017: Magnetic Marelli Automotive Lighting and Changchun Fudi Equipment Technology Development Co. Ltd., a Chinese investment company with activities in automotive parts industry, have inaugurated a new plant, Changchun Magnetic Marelli Automotive Lighting System Co., Ltd, under their joint venture agreement which was established in December 2015.
- October 2017: Osram India launched new automotive lighting solutions called Rallye, which is compatible for two-wheelers, four-wheelers and commercial vehicles. Also, the product is manufactured in Osram’s manufacturing plants in Germany and China.
- Provides latest insights into the Automotive Lighting Industry.
- Analysis of the competitive landscape in the automotive lighting market
- Analyzes the market scenario with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Forecasts the market value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Increasing passenger car sales across the globe
5.2.1. Higher Prices of Premium Lighting
5.3.1. Increasing demand for Adaptive Front Lighting System
6. Global Automotive Lighting Market Segmentation, By Technology
7. Global Automotive Lighting Market Segmentation, By Vehicle Type
7.1. Passenger Car
7.2. Commercial Vehicle
8. Global Automotive Lighting Market Segmentation, By Geography
8.1. North America
8.1.1. The United States
8.1.3. Rest of North America
8.2.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.2. The United Kingdom
8.3.5. Rest of Europe
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.3. South Africa
8.4.4. Other Countries
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
9.1 Stanley Electric Co., Ltd
9.2 Valeo Group
9.3 Hyundai Mobis
9.5 HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
9.6 Magnetic Marelli S.p.A
9.7 AGM Automotive, LLC
9.8 Ichikoh Industries, Ltd.
9.9 Lumax Industries Ltd.
9.10 Jiangsu Tongming Auto Lamp Co., Ltd.
11. Future of the Market
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
- Valeo Group
- Hyundai Mobis
- HELLA KGaA Hueck & Co.
- Magnetic Marelli S.p.A
- AGM Automotive LLC
- Ichikoh Industries Ltd.
- Lumax Industries Ltd.
- Jiangsu Tongming Auto Lamp Co. Ltd.