Objectives of the Presentation:
- You will be able to administer the appropriate use of discipline in the workplace
- You will be able to understand and effectively document the unsatisfactory performer
- You will be able to communicate in an effective manner with union representatives
- Successfully handle grievances
- Build or maintain existing positive working union relationships with Employees and union officials
Directors and Managers today are continually challenged in managing their union workforce. It remains extremely important for them to have and utilize their available tools and learn new tools, in order to effectively manage their employees. The information presented in this workshop will save time and money for your organization as managers will perform more effectively, as they embrace positive employee and labor-management relationships.
Mr Gerry McLaughlin,
Consulting Labor Negotiations Employee Relations ,
Gerry McLaughlin Consulting
Gerry McLaughlin Ms.Industrial & Labor Relations, is the author of "Negotiating the Labor Agreement" His experience is over 40 years of successfully negotiating in excess of500 labor contracts in varied industries as Executive Director and Vice president for Fortune 100 Companies and in areas, such as,: Manufacturing, Distribution, Telecom, Retail,Healthcare/SeniorCare, Food service, Housekeeping/Facilities.
He has negotiated with over 20 National and Local Unions over the last forty years.
He has trained 1000's of Directors,Managers, and Supervisors in Managing a Union Workforce, as well as in "Negotiating the Labor Agreement" a two day intensive On premise seminar with over six hours of "hands on" negotiating the issues of the day, Healthcare costs, Drug testing, Job Security, two hours negotiating effective clausing and culminating in a three hour "Strike or Settle" negotiations of an actual labor contract. Additionally Gerry has conducted over fifty successful Union Campaigns and trained countless managers as to Union Avoidance.
He knows and fully understands:
- How to build and maintain successful relationships with Union Leaders locally and nationally
- Maintain and or Develop existing Managements Rights to ensure the unfettered Right "to run your business" Ensuring successful Workplace policies such as Attendance Plans
- Develop and/or protect consistent Contract language, review and achieve Healthcare savings.His goal is to consistently ensures that clients expectations are exceeded