"Fuel Cards in Portugal 2017", is invaluable for issuers of fleet cards, fuel retailers, fleet leasing companies and other suppliers to the sector. Based on research with issuers and fuel retailers it provides commercial (B2B) fuel card volume (split by fleet and CRT), value and market share forecasts to 2022, key data on independent and oil company card issuers and an analysis of fuel card competition in Portugal.
Over 10,000 new fuel cards will be issued between 2017 and 2022, totalling to 477,105 cards in the market.
- The total number of service stations in Portugal increased by 1.0% in 2016 totalling 2,832 service stations.
- Over 10,000 new fuel cards will be issued between 2017 and 2022, totalling to 477,105 cards in the market.
- Fleet card volumes will continue to decline falling 10.4% between 2017 and 2022.
- Galp remained the Portuguese fuel card market leader despite losing market share accounting for 43.6% in 2016, as clients were drawn to its large domestic service station network.
- Plan effective market entry strategies by uncovering current and future volumes and values of the Portuguese fuel card market.
- Assess whether you should increase network acceptance of your card and identify potential new merchants by uncovering the position of competitors.
- Whether you are an issuer, a processor, a leasing company or a fuel retailer, make informed pitches to partners by understanding their business.
- Enhance fuel sales at your service stations by identifying which fuel cards you should accept based on their market shares and network acceptance.