Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 25.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by transport, storage and communication (14.0%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (13.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 6.21%, 7.33% and 5.81% respectively in 2017.
Bucuresti-Ilfov, Sud-Muntenia, Sud-Est and Nord-Vest contribute 61.6% to the country’s GDP and comprise 51.5% of Romania’s population.
- As per World Bank's Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Romania has deteriorated over the last two years with decline in the rank from 40th in 2014 to 60th out of 160 countries in 2016
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) granted EUR 2.2 mn for the development of Romania’s water and sewage infrastructure in January 2018. EU, EIB, EBRD and World Bank are providing a EUR 270 mn package to finance a permanent interconnection between the electrical networks of Romania and Moldova in December 2017.
- Drop in Tax rates and easy access to European Funds drove the inward FDI in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: Romania’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Frontier Europe & CIS and The World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: BET Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: Net FDI (2012-2016), Inward FDI by Component (2012- 2016) and FDI by Sector (2012-2016)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Continent (2012-2016) and FDI Earnings by Component (2016)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipments, % of world total, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Romania 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions