This report analyses real-world smartphone usage data to answer questions regarding consumer behaviour while roaming. The strong differences in the pricing of mobile connectivity, and the availability and quality of Wi-Fi connectivity limited the possibilities of smartphone usage in times when consumers were in greater need of connectivity. The report analyses how consumers responded to this scarcity of connectivity, uncovering mobile data monetisation opportunities.
This report answers the following questions:
- How do smartphone engagements change when consumers are roaming?
- How does mobile data pricing while roaming influence app usage and data consumption levels?
- Which networks are used for which apps and services, and to what degree?
- How much do smartphone users rely on Wi-Fi while abroad? What are the changes compared to the usage at home?
- Is legacy to OTT communication substitution accelerated when roaming? By what margin?
- Are there unexplored monetisation opportunities for operators?
- What is the level of potential demand for mobile services being unmet under premium pricing regimes?
How does usage differ at home and abroad?
What are the differences in cellular and Wi-Fi attachment when away from home?
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE
The analysis is based on data provided by Verto Analytics, and was collected using a passive on-device monitoring app called 'Smart Panel'. The app runs in the background of the device. It registers actions undertaken by the user and relevant activity on the device, namely:
- app download and usage
- system processes
- data traffic from each app/process
- voice traffic
- web browser activity.
Who Should Read This Report
- Strategy and planning executives who are responsible for mobile operators’ roaming service design and pricing.
- Executives in mobile operators’ technology and innovations teams who are responsible for developing communication services.
- Marketing executives at vendors of telecommunication services equipment and software, because it will help them to understand the needs of operator customers and their end users.