The MSS market in ASEAN continued its tremendous growth momentum, as it grew strongly by 22.3% on a year-on-year (YoY) basis. ASEAN was the second- fastest growing market, following India, which grew by 24.1%. ASEAN businesses continued to invest significantly in cyber security measures in the wake of rising advanced cyber threats. Increase in the number of security solutions, growing complexity of infrastructure, and shortage of cyber security experts drove many of these enterprises to outsource security operations to MSSPs for better threat visibility, security device management, threat monitoring and detection, and incident response.
Other industries, including healthcare, utility, technology, and energy were also seen to be more open to the service model during the year. Investment in critical infrastructure protection services is set to increase significantly in the next 5 years.
In addition to market growth analysis, the study highlights the driving forces of the managed security services (MSS) market. The shortage of cyber security professionals with strong expertise was the top factor driving enterprises to engage with MSSPs to help them cope with new security challenges. The evolution of advanced threats continued to cause greater operational pressure on companies, driving them to look at MSSPs to reduce the pressure and better security threat management.
The introduction and amendment of cyber security laws and regulations are urging companies to focus more on regulatory compliance. The shift from CapEx to OpEx continued to take place across the APAC region, prompting companies to outsource parts of their security practices to focus more on the revenue-generating operations.
Market trends have been analyzed for the period 2015 to 2021, with 2016 as the base year. Hosted security services (HSS) and customer-premises equipment (CPE)-based management and monitoring services are the key service segments in this study. Vertical segmentation includes the government, banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI), service provider, manufacturing, education, and other sectors including pharmaceuticals, retail, logistics, oil and gas, energy, mining, agriculture, Information Technology (IT)/IT-enabled services (ITeS), eGaming, eCommerce, and business process outsourcing (BPO).
Companies mentioned in the ASEAN MSS vendor analysis include NTT, IBM Security, Singtel Cyber Security, BT, Symantec, Orange Business Services, Quann, Tata Communications, StarHub, and VADS. The countries included in this study are Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the MSS market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors structured well to meet customer needs?
- What were the key services that were adopted the most by customers in the region in 2016?
- How was the competitive landscape in ASEAN?
- Will MSSPs be replaced by the new trends, such as in-sourcing and cloud-based security services?
- How will the market be shaped in the next 5 years?
1. Market Overview
- Market Definitions
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Segmentation
- Geographical Coverage
2. Forecasts and Trends
- ASEAN-Key Findings
- ASEAN-Market Engineering Measurements
- ASEAN-Revenue Forecast
- ASEAN-Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- ASEAN-Revenue Forecast by Segment
- ASEAN-Revenue Forecast Discussion by Segment
- ASEAN-Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- ASEAN-Revenue Forecast Discussion by Region
3. Market Share and Competitive Analysis
- Competitive Analysis
- Competitive Environment
4. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1-Growing Need for User Entity and Behavior Analytics (UEBA) Services
- Growth Opportunity 2-Data Product-as-a-Service: The Rise of Threat Intelligence Services
- Growth Opportunity 3-Moving Toward a Predictive Model for MSS
- Growth Opportunity 4-Securing the OT Environment Beyond IT
- Growth Opportunity 5-Advisory-led MSS to Align Cyber Security with Business Requirements
5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
5. Managed Security Services-Vendor Analysis
- Availability and Completeness of MSS Offerings
- Country/Region Legend for SOCs
- IBM Security-Overview
- Singtel Cyber Security (Powered by Trustwave)-Overview
- Orange Business Services-Overview
- Tata Communications-Overview
6. Other Notable Managed Security Service Providers
- List of Security Services and Vendor Partnerships
- List of MSSP Pricing Models in APAC
7. The Last Word
- The Last Word-Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
- Market Engineering Methodology