Procurement research report on the oxygen market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to procurement analysts, the healthcare industry extensively uses oxygen for treating various respiratory diseases and in surgical applications. It is also used in the cosmetics industry for providing oxygen therapy to rejuvenate aging skin and treat fine lines and wrinkles. The increased demand for oxygen from the healthcare and cosmetics industries, attributed to factors such as rapidly aging population that is vulnerable to various diseases, increasing in the prevalence of respiratory conditions, and the growing adoption of oxygen therapy is expected to drive the growth of the global oxygen market.
According to this procurement research, one of the key procurement challenges faced by buyers is the increasing consolidation in the global market. The supply market of oxygen is consolidated, with the top four suppliers accounting for 70% of the market during 2016. This subsequently reduces the intensity of competition among suppliers. Further, suppliers are increasingly adopting various strategies such as partnerships, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and spin-offs. In addition, leading suppliers in the market are increasingly using proprietary technologies and patented production process. These factors are reducing the bargaining power of buyers and subsequently affecting cost and availability of oxygen.
Solutions can be categorized into:
Based on the product type, oxygen can be categorized into:
Liquid Oxygen: Manufactured through cryogenic distillation, suppliers prefer liquid oxygen as they can save on storage space easing the transportation process
Gaseous Oxygen: Oxygen is used in a gaseous form with uses in the manufacturing of steel, life support systems, and oxy-acetylene torches.
Solid Oxygen: Although not used in many applications currently, studies are being carried out to explore its usage in life support systems and rocket propulsion systems
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Global Oxygen Production Hubs
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients/Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- Air Liquide
- Air Products
- TAIYO NIPPON
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Oxygen - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: Air Liquide, Linde, Air Products, Praxair, TAIYO NIPPON.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to engage with suppliers that offer leased oxygen cylinder and equipment.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the global oxygen market is the reduction in operating costs and adoption of innovative technologies.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge experienced by the buyers is the increasing consolidation in the global market.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.