Procurement research report on the metal fabrication equipment market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to procurement analysts, the growth of the metal fabrication equipment market may be attributed to increased equipment budgets of buyers and growth in demand from end-user industries such as automotive, heavy engineering, construction, and mining. Metal fabrication equipment finds application in various industries such as automotive, construction, and heavy engineering. The demand from the automotive industry has been acting as a prime growth factor as sales volume of passenger vehicles grew from about 77 million units in 2016 to 79 million in 2017. Additionally, top automobile manufacturers are aiming to increase production to meet the rising demand for automobiles from consumers. This, coupled with reshoring initiatives of automobile manufacturers is driving the growth of the global metal fabrication equipment market.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to establish long-term partnerships with equipment suppliers. Most fabrication equipment is accounted for in the capital assets of a company, which the company uses for 3-5 years or more. This emphasizes the need for long-term supplier-buyer partnership to enhance product support for the buyer. In addition, engaging in long-term partnerships would enhance product development as suppliers will be able to work more closely with the buyers to understand their processes and provide customized solutions if feasible.
Solutions can be categorized into:
- North America
- South America
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Global Metal Fabrication Equipment Production Hubs
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients and Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- Shenyang Machine Tool
- DMG MORI SEIKI
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Metal Fabrication Equipment - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: Trumpf, Shenyang Machine Tool, Amada, Okuma, DMG MORI SEIKI.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to establish long-term partnerships with equipment suppliers.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the Global Metal Fabrication Equipment Market is the increased equipment budgets of buyers and growth in demand from end-user industries.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge is the difficulty in supplier identification and selection.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.