The scope of the report is limited to software solutions that are offered by various players for data-in-transit, data-at-rest, and data-in-use.
A cloud not only offers an external storage to various end-user verticals, such as electricity utilities, retail, and government, among others, but also is scalable and an on-demand solution, which allows unlimited data access. Cloud computing can improve an enterprise’s computing and analytics capabilities, by allowing it to collate, segregate, process, and analyze great volumes of data. The proliferation of cloud adoption and virtualization, and stringent regulations to increase the adoption rate of cloud encryption solutions are some of the factors that are fueling the market growth, across the globe.
Energy Sector To Register The Fastest Growth
Most of the process control systems that are designed to manage critical infrastructure, such as electric grids, oil pipelines, and water utilities used in the energy sector, utilize specialized hardware and proprietary protocols. While their introduction has simplified the management of facilities, they have made process control systems vulnerable to cyber-attacks. Major incidents, such as the Shamoon malware attacks in November 2016 and January 2017 against Gulf state organizations, have made security imperative for the energy sector. With the increased adoption rate of IoT and automation and the industry’s value chains increasingly relying on complex and interconnected digital assets, along with the constant exchange of data to carry out any operation, the energy sector is exposed to the risk of cyber-attacks, mainly due to the dependence on connectivity.
In the upstream sensors, actuators, and process-control networks, well-site gateways, mobile computers, and back-office gateways are required for seismic acquisition, data processing, and interpretation, in order to determine sites for oil deposits. Thus, the control of equipment, like SCADA, DCS, and the data collected in the cloud at this stage are highly sensitive as well as vulnerable to cyber-attacks. The aforementioned factors have been buoyed by companies and governments, who focus on claiming the necessary measures of encryption to secure these systems and prevent catastrophic disasters.
North America To Hold The Largest Market Share
North America holds a major share of the global cloud encryption market; it is the biggest revenue generator in the market amongst all the regions in the world. Recent high-profile data breaches have resulted in an outrage on companies that provide cloud services, as the privacy of user data was compromised. For instance, the company, Apple, faced high public outrage when multiple iCloud accounts of high-profile individuals were compromised. This compelled Apple to tighten its cloud security and implement better encryption in its services. Similar breaches have forced companies to invest highly on encryption.
Regulations in the region have also buoyed the demand for security in cloud services, and are required to be adhered by all industry verticals. Increased integration of technology, in all the industries and among the mass, has a positive effect on the cloud encryption market. Cloud services are experiencing high adoption and the demand for IoT systems is on a rise. This rise is driving the demand for the cloud encryption systems; further, users are becoming aware of the threats involved and looking for better and more secure services. All these factors are driving the cloud encryption software market growth. North America is expected to maintain its dominance in the global cloud encryption market.
Increased Adoption Of BYOD Devices
With the increased adoption of BYOD system, companies are facing new challenges while handling the data across personnel, and the company-owned devices. The security threats from the usage of BYOD are high. Companies are in need for high-secure systems that can detect and prevent threats. It has become crucial for companies to encrypt and avoid any mal-usage of the data. At present, industries are seeking reliable encryption solutions for their data and networks. The cloud encryption market is experiencing a high surge in demand from institutions employing BYOD system. This trend is expected to grow as more industries realize the advantages of these systems and invest in data encryption and security. The cloud encryption market is expected to witness a high growth in the developing economies that are employing BYOD systems.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - McAfee acquired Skyhigh Networks, a specialist in the cloud security. The acquisition by McAfee is aimed at complementing the company’s security suite, in order to enable customers to secure their devices that are connected to the cloud.
- January 2018 - Vodafone announced a partnership with Trend Micro to launch an endpoint security suite for the business, namely, Vodafone Super Shield. The solution is equipped with advanced enterprise grade features, which include USB port blocking, URL filtering, and full disk encryption. These features are expected to help companies protect critical business data from a multitude of threats, including malware attacks, ransomware, spyware, phishing websites, and data thefts.
- January 2018- Google introduced a new security management tool for customers of its G Suite ensemble of cloud-based office productivity and collaboration apps. The new tool, Security Center, for G Suite is aimed at giving the administrators a centralized view of key security metrics, giving more transparency in the security measures for their data on the cloud.
Key Questions Answered in the Report
- To know how the increasing number of BYOD devices act as a driver to the global market scenario.
- To analyze various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- To know which of the end-user industries is expected to dominate the market.
- To know which of the regions is expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period.
- To identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.
The report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Snapshot
5. Global Cloud Encryption Software Market Segmentation
5.1 By Deployment Type
5.2 By End-user Industry
5.2.3 IT & Telecommunications
5.2.4 Energy & Power
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Future of the Cloud Encryption Software Market
6.1 IBM Corporation
6.2 Trend Micro Inc.
6.3 Dell Technologies Inc.
6.4 Symantec Corporation
6.5 Vaultive, Inc.
6.6 Google Inc.
6.7 Cisco Sytems Inc.
6.8 Sophos Group PLC
6.9 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
6.10 Perspecsys Inc.
6.11 SkyHigh Networks ( McAfee Inc.)
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Cloud Encryption Software Market
- IBM Corporation
- Trend Micro Inc.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- Symantec Corporation
- Vaultive Inc.
- Google Inc.
- Cisco Sytems Inc.
- Sophos Group PLC
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
- SkyHigh Networks ( McAfee Inc.)