The changing consumer preference toward healthier foods, includes milk as one of the constituents in day-to-day consumption. For over four decades, the consumption of dairy has changed, from only consumption of milk to milk products, such as cheese, processed yogurt, low calorie butter, cream, and others. Milk is considered to be a highly nutritional food by consumers. In 2015, Almarai dominated the fresh milk market with a 46% share, followed by Al Safi Danone.
Growing Demand for Dairy-based Products
Health benefit attributes spur the demand for yogurt. Yogurt (Laban) is also a traditional diet in Saudi Arabian and Middle Eastern regions. Yogurt demand peaks in April, but stays very stable throughout the year. The Saudi Arabian dairy industry is now focusing on production increment, with an expected annual growth rate of 5.39% per annum.
As Saudi has hot temperature and dry climate, different companies have established cattle friendly environment for maximum output of milk from cows. Saudi Arabia is the largest dairy producer in the GCC countries, supported by highest per capita consumption of dairy products in the country. The country has the largest dairy processing plant in the world, producing million tons of milk and milk products.
Cream and Butter Record the Highest Growth Rate
Cream is an irreplaceable part of the Saudi Arabian diet. Currently, the production of cream has witnessed a rise of 28.9% per annum. Currently, production is increasing by over 17% per year, whereas consumption is decreasing by 9% per year. This high production rate of cheese in Saudi Arabia allows increased export of cheese. Saudi Arabia shows a strong potential, and is targeted to be self-sufficient in dairy, being the highest producer of dairy products in the GCC. As the production of butter has been decreasing steadily, export of butter has also reduced. Imports are expected to continue to increase, as the consumption is expected to grow, and the domestic production trend is moving in the opposite direction. Due to low equilibrium quantity, imports are cheaper than domestic production.
- Oct 2017: Saudi Arabia’s food firm National Agricultural Development Company (Nadec) merged with Al Safi Danone Company, a joint venture between Saudi Arabia’s Al Faisaliah Group and French food firm Danone Group.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analysis of outlook of the market with the contemporary trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the studied market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- Three months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Volume of the Saudi Arabia Dairy Market
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Increase in the Number of Lifestyle and Age-related Diseases
3.1.2 Rising Healthcare Cost
3.1.3 Increase in Health Awareness among Consumers
3.1.4 Wide Variety of Dairy Drink Products Available in the Market
3.2.1 Availability of Dairy Alternative Drinks
3.3.1 Growing Functional Beverage Market Sector
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.4 Yogurt and Curd
4.1.6 Other Dairy Products
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Convenience stores
4.2.3 Grocery Stores
4.2.5 Other Distribution Channels
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Most Adopted Market Strategies
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Al Safi Danone
6.3 Nada Dairy
6.6 Najran Dairy Co. Ltd
6.7 Arla Foods
6.8 FrieslandCampina (Rainbow Milk)
6.9 United National Dairy Co.