Growing Popularity for Functional RTD Coffee
Healthy eating and drinking is a major trend engaging the global population. RTD coffee is also one of the functional drinks that is available with proven health benefits. Various types of RTD coffee are introduced in the market to serve the vast consumer base spread globally. Marked by health concerns, consumers are increasingly growing aware of the available functional drinks, thus driving the market for RTD coffee in the hot segment.
The raw materials used in the RTD coffee include fruit extracts, coffee beans such as arabica among others. Due to seasonal fluctuations, unpredictable rainfall and agricultural input costs, the cost of raw material is increasing, restraining the growth of the market. Factors like commodity price hike has hampered the RTD coffee market. Consumer shift towards healthy habits is rising the demand for healthy drinks; in a way, leading to rising product cost.
Guarana is the fastest growing in ingredient segment
The RTD coffee market is segmented into ingredient types like taurine, ginseng, yerba mate, guarana, acai berry and vitamin B; Taurine holds the highest market with a share of 31% in U.K. The guarana market is the fastest growing. Guarana seeds are used as medicine and the caffeine content helps in stimulating the central nervous system (CNS), heart, and muscles. Guarana also contains theophylline and theobromine, which are chemicals similar to caffeine. Companies looking to enter this market are incorporating the strategy of building licensing agreements with distributors to cater to the untapped markets.
By packaging, Cans hold the largest market in this segment and its market share is more than 41%. Also, packages in various quantities are made available for easy usage. Glass bottles and pet bottles are also widely used; pet bottles are preferred more than the traditional glass bottles, as new technology enables these bottles to do more than just hold beverages. These aid in improving the shelf life and preservation apart from being available in economy formats.
Major Key Players: CARGILL, STARBUCKS CORPORATION, ASAHI GROUP HOLDINGS AND AJINOMOTO GENERAL FOODS Inc., DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP, GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE ROASTERS, FEROLITO VULTAGGIO & SONS, DR. PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, JAPAN TOBACCO Inc., LOTTE CHILSUNG BEVERAGE Co.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
- Value chain analysis
- Volume of the U.K RTD Coffee market by ingredients, packaging, sales channel and geography
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing trend of health awareness
4.1.2 Combination of RTD Coffee with energy drinks
4.2.1 Increasing cost of raw materials
4.2.2 Rising consumption of freshly ground coffee
4.3.1 Targeting new consumer
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Ingredients Type
5.1.3 Yerba Mate
5.1.5 Vitamin B
5.1.6 Acai Berry
5.2 By Packaging
5.2.1 Bottles (Glass & Pet)
5.3 By Sales Channel
5.3.1 Convenience stores
5.3.3 Mass merchandisers
5.3.4 Drug stores
5.3.5 Food services/ Sports nutrition chain
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Joint Ventures
5.4.3 New Product Launches
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.4.5 Market Share Analysis
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.2 Starbucks Corporation
5.5.3 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
5.5.4 Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
5.5.5 Dunkin' Brands Group
5.5.6 Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
5.5.7 Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons
5.5.8 Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
5.5.9 Japan Tobacco Inc.
5.5.10 Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.
5.5.11 Monster Beverage Co.
5.5.12 Pokka Group
5.5.13 Pepsico Inc.
5.5.14 San Benedetto
5.5.15 Coco-Cola Company
- Starbucks Corporation
- Asahi Group Holdings and Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
- Dunkin' Brands Group
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Ferolito Vultaggio & Sons
- Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Lotte Chilsung Beverage Co.