MEMS sensor market for automotive could be used in a number of applications such as tire pressure monitoring systems, oil pressure sensing, pedestrian protection, and in exhaust gas recirculation. The market serves a vast range of industry verticals ranging from very small consumer electronic devices to very large automotive manufacturers MEMS sensor market for automotive provide various advantages of high efficiency, small size, and low cost.
The increasing demand for safety and security in the automobiles is the main factor which is playing a vital role for the growth of this market. According to the World Health Organization (U.S.), more than 1.25 million people are killed in road accidents every year and about 50 million people get injuries. The automotive MEMS sensors play an important role in providing safety to the vehicles, which would act as a catalyst for the growth of this market. The two big trends for vehicles currently are electrification and automation. There is rapid integration of high value sensing modules like RADAR, imaging and LIDAR in automotive systems. As a result, the average growth rate in MEMS sensors sales volumes is expected to be significant over the forecast period.
The advent of electrical vehicles will greatly change the amount and the distribution of pressure and magnetic sensors within the car in the longer term. More electric cars will mean fewer pressure sensors and a surge in magnetic sensors for battery monitoring and various positioning and detection of moving pieces.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017: Analog Devices completes acquisition of linear technology.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
1. The report analyses how the shift towards electric vehicle will drive the global automotive MEMS sensors market.
2. Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
3. Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
4. Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
5. Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
6. 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Safety And Security
5.1.2. Electric Vehicles
5.2.1. Regulatory Framework
5.3.1. High Potential In Mature Automotive Markets
6. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented By Type
6.1. MEMS Pressure Sensor
6.2. MEMS Inertial Sensor
6.3. MEMS Microphones
7. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented By Application
7.1. Safety & Security
7.2. In-Car Navigation
7.3. Air Conditioning & Ventilation
7.4. OIS Cameras
7.5. Electronic Control Unit
7.6. Electronic Stability Control
8. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented By Geography
8.1. North America
8.1.1. The United States
8.3.2. United Kingdom
8.4. Rest Of The World
8.4.2. South Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Key Players And Developments
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Analog Devices, Inc.
10.2. Delphi Automotive Plc
10.3. Denso Corporation
10.4. General Electric Co.
10.5. Freescale Semiconductors Ltd.
10.6. Infineon Technologies Ag
10.7. Sensata Technologies, Inc.
10.8. Stmicroelectronics N.V.
10.9. Panasonic Corporation
10.10. Robert Bosch Gmbh
11. Future Outlook
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Delphi Automotive Plc
- Denso Corporation
- General Electric Co.
- Freescale Semiconductors Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Robert Bosch Gmb.