The increasing demand for safety & security in the automobiles is the main factor, which is playing a vital role for the growth of this market. According to the World Health Organization (U.S.), more than 1.25 million people are killed in road accidents every year, and about 50 million people get injured. The automotive MEMS sensors play an important role in providing safety to the vehicles, which would act as a catalyst for the growth of this market. The two big trends for vehicles currently are electrification and automation. There is rapid integration of high value sensing modules, like RADAR, imaging, and LIDAR in automotive systems. As a result, the average growth rate in MEMS sensors sales volume is expected to be significant during the forecast period.
The advent of electrical vehicles will greatly change the amount and the distribution of pressure, and magnetic sensors within the car in the longer term. More electric cars will mean fewer pressure sensors and a surge in magnetic sensors for battery monitoring, and various positioning and detection of moving pieces.
Key Developments in the Market
- March 2017: Analog Devices completed acquisition of linear technology.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses how the shift towards electric vehicle will drive the global automotive MEMS sensors market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The product type that is expected to dominate the market
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Technology Trends
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
4.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of the Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of the Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Safety & Security
5.1.2 Electric Vehicles
5.2.1 Regulatory Framework
5.3.1 High Potential in Mature Automotive Markets
6. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented by Type
6.1 MEMS Pressure Sensor
6.2 MEMS Inertial Sensor
6.3 MEMS Microphones
7. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented by Application
7.1 Safety & Security
7.2 In-car Navigation
7.3 Air Conditioning & Ventilation
7.4 OIS Cameras
7.5 Electronic Control Unit
7.6 Electronic Stability Control
8. Automotive MEMS Sensors Market, Segmented by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 The United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.2 United Kingdom
8.3.4 Rest of Europe
8.4 Rest of the World
8.4.2 South Africa
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Key Players and Developments
10. Company Profiles
10.1 Analog Devices, Inc.
10.2 Delphi Automotive PLC
10.3 Denso Corporation
10.4 General Electric Co.
10.5 Freescale Semiconductors Ltd.
10.6 Infineon Technologies Ag
10.7 Sensata Technologies, Inc.
10.8 Stmicroelectronics N.V.
10.9 Panasonic Corporation
10.10 Robert Bosch GMBH
11. Future of the Market
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Delphi Automotive Plc
- Denso Corporation
- General Electric Co.
- Freescale Semiconductors Ltd.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Sensata Technologies Inc.
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Robert Bosch GMBH