Increasing Incidences of Chronic Diseases
According to World Health Organization (WHO), chronic diseases are the leading cause of morality in Europe, it has also been reported that over one third of the European population above the age of 15 are expected to be suffering from chronic disease. Furthermore, the number of chronic diseases are on the rise from the past decade, this increasing number of cases are expected to increase the demand for In-vitro diagnostics in that region.
In addition, increasing government healthcare expenditure along with rapid adoption of point of care testing is also driving the growth of In-vitro diagnostics market in EMEA region.
Stringent Regulatory Framework
The In-vitro diagnostics are considered devices, and more specifically as medical devices category. Since, IVDs include products used to collect specimens, or to prepare or examine specimens (e.g., blood, serum, urine, spinal fluid, tissue samples) after they are removed from the human body, maximum precaution is needed to prevent contamination even within the device. The guidelines laid for these devices are to be strictly followed, denial of which may result in product recalls, and thus many companies are reluctant to enter in this market, which is acting as a major restraint for the EMEA In-vitro diagnostics market.
Additionally, lack of favorable reimbursement policies in the field of In-vitro diagnostics is also hindering the growth of market in EMEA.
Immunoassay to Dominate the Market
The In-vitro Diagnostics market is segmented by technique, product type, application type and end users.
By technology type, Immunoassay dominates the In-vitro diagnostics market in EMEA, this is due to high accuracy of these tests along with less time consumption. The advent of point of care testing which utilizes mainly immunoassay technology is also a major factor responsible to drive the market for In-vitro diagnostics in EMEA. Although immunoassay dominates the market, the molecular diagnostics segment is expected to grow with a highest CAGR in the overall In-vitro diagnostics market.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Clearbridge BioMedics announced that its product ClearCell FX1 system is now available in EMEA regions. The ClearCell FX1 system is an automated liquid biopsy that is used for the enrichment of circulating tumor cells from blood.
- January 2018: Roche and GE Healthcare has announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with each other in order to develop and market digital clinical solutions support. With two of the key players in partnership, the In-vitro diagnostics market in EMEA region is expected to receive a major boost for its growth.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the EMEA In-Vitro Diagnostics Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the industry with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
6.1.1 INCREASING INCIDENCES OF CHRONIC DISEASES
6.1.2 INCREASING GOVERNMENT HEALHTCARE EXPENDITURE AND CONSUMER'S HEALTHCARE SPENDING
6.1.3 RAPID ADOPTION OF POINT OF CARE TESTING
6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
6.2.1 UNFAVORABLE REIMBURSEMENT POLICIES
6.2.2 STRINGENT REGULATORY FRAMEWORK
6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 SEGMENTATION-BY TECHNIQUE
7.1.1 CLINICAL CHEMISTRY
7.1.5 MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTICS
7.2 SEGMENTATION-BY PRODUCT
7.3 SEGMENTATION-BY APPLICATION
7.4 SEGMENTATION-BY END USERS
7.4.2 HOSPITALS & LABORATORIES
7.4.3 PHARMACEUTICAL & BIOTECHNOLOGY
7.5 SEGMENTATION-BY GEOGRAPHY
188.8.131.52 REST OF EUROPE
184.108.40.206 SOUTH AFRICA
220.127.116.11 REST OF MEA
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 MERGERS & ACQUISITION ANALYSIS
8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
8.3 NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
9. KEY PLAYERS
9.1 ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
9.2 BECKTON DICKINSON
9.3 BECKMAN COULTER
9.4 ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS
9.5 SIEMENS HEALTHCARE
9.6 THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
9.7 BIO-RAD LABORATORIES
9.8 A.MENARINI DIAGNOSTICS
9.9 RANDOX LABORATORIES
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET