Personalized Medicines Accelerating Market Demand
One of the major factors driving the growth of the companion diagnostic market is the increasing demand for personalized medicines and awareness for the same, among the population. The rising cases of adverse drug reactions related to the drugs due to the lack of efficacy drive the need for companion diagnostics. With companies increasing their collaborations for better biomarkers and diagnostics to focus on cost regulations, there has been a significant number of opportunities of its applications in indications other than cancer, like cardiovascular, neurological, etc. The high rise in the capital is the basis for the prosperous future of this market.
High Cost of Therapeutics Development
One of the major hurdles restraining this market includes high cost involved in the development of therapeutics and diagnostic tests. With the high risk of failure in clinical trials, many companies prefer collaborations, to minimize their failure rate but co-development is also expected to be highly expensive. So for many individual manufacturers, this markets looks like a high-risk investment market. Apart from this, several diagnostic companies feel uncertain over an eventual agreement on the reimbursement status. All these factors restrict this market’s growth globally.
North America Dominates this Market
The global market for companion diagnostics is segmented based on technology type, by indication and geographical regions. By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South America.
North America accounted for the largest market share, accounting for approximately 35% of the global market share in 2017. The efficacy of several drugs range between 30-75% and there have rising cases of side effects related to therapeutics such as Vioxx and Avandia, which has prompted the people for alternatives and raised their awareness regarding the benefits of personalized medicine driving this market. Apart from this, Asia-Pacific region was estimated to register the fastest CAGR through the forecast period, 2018-2023.
Recent Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Myriad Genetics received FDA approval for BRACAnalysis CDx as Companion Diagnostic for Lynparza (olaparib).
- January 2018: A new companion diagnostics agreement between Biocartis Group and Amgen was signed for the development of Idylla(TM) CDx biomarker tests used in the treatment of certain solid tumors.
- December 2017: HTG Molecular Diagnostics signed master collaboration with Merck KGaA complementing companion diagnostics agreement for biomarker research program.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global companion diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porters Five Forces
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threats of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Product and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Companies Promoting Personalized Medicine and Targeted Therapy as a New Treatment Option
6.1.2 Increasing Cases of Adverse Drug Reactions
6.1.3 Co-Development of Drug and Diagnostic Technology
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 High Cost Of Drug Development and Associated Clinical Trials
6.2.2 Reimbursement Issues among Many Countries
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Technology
7.1.1 Immunohistochemistry (Ihc)
7.1.2 Polymerase Chain Reaction (Pcr)
7.1.3 In Situ Hybridization (Ish)
7.1.4 Real-Time Pcr (Rt-Pcr)
7.1.5 Gene Sequencing
7.2 By Indication
7.2.1 Lung Cancer
7.2.2 Breast Cancer
7.2.3 Coloractal Cancer
7.3 Segmentation by Geography
7.3.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 Australia & New Zealand
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.4 Middle East and Africa
18.104.22.168 South Africa
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East and Africa
7.3.5 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisition Analysis
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
8.3 New Products Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Abbott Laboratories
9.2 Dako (Agilent Technologies)
9.3 Roche Holdings
9.4 Qiagen Nv
9.5 Seimens Helthineers
9.6 Takeda Pharmaceuticals
9.7 Myriad Genetics
9.8 Thermo Fisher Scientific
9.10 Illumina Inc
10. Future of The Market