The global molluscicides market has been estimated at USD 902.99 million in 2016. The market is expected to register a CAGR of 19.63% during the forecast period, 2018 to 2023. North America accounted for the largest market, accounting for around 37% of the global market share, while Asia-Pacific was estimated to register the fastest CAGR through the forecast period, 2018-2023.
Emergence of Golden Apple Snail as a Serious Rice Pest
The golden apple snail is a fresh water snail which is one of the major rice pest in Asia & S.E Asia. As application of synthetic molluscicides has a toxic effect on non-target organisms, hence giving rise to the need for botanical molluscicides as an alternative. As per the 2017 reports of Government of New South Wales that this snail is also a serious threat to Australia’s rice industry. Under the Biosecurity Act 2015, golden apple snail is classified as prohibited matter. The Rice Biosecurity Zone has been established for the long term management of various pests and diseases, including golden apple snail.
North America to Dominate the Market Growth
North America has the highest share in the market, accounting for around 37% of the global market share in 2017. USA dominates the North American market, with a share of around 78% by value of the total molluscicides market in North America. Molluscicides form a small but significant segment of the US pesticides market. The mollusk chemical control products available in the market are limited in number, compared to herbicides, fungicides and insecticides. The metaldehyde-based products are dominating the market and can be applied to many crops; but due to their sensitivity towards rains, they become non economical for the farmers.
Key Developments in the Market
- Oct 2017: In October 13th 2017, Bayer has signed an agreement to sell selected Crop Science businesses to BASF for EUR 5.9 billion.
- Sept 2017: On the 25th of September 2017, AMVAC Chemical Corporation acquired OHP, Inc. which is a leading provider of technology based pesticide solutions.
- Sept 2017: On12 th of September 2017, AMVAC Netherlands BV acquired Grupo Agricenter, a well-established distributor of multiple crop protection products in seven Central American and Caribbean countries.
- Jul 2017: In July 4 th 2017, Adama Agricultural Solutions acquires Hubei Sanonda Co., Ltd.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Identify the dominating and the fastest growing regions and their growth trends during the forecasted period.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To understand which product group and application is expected to dominate the market
- Get hold of the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Companies & Countries of client’s interest can be included in report based on feasibility of report.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Scope & Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Market Segmentation
2.3 Study Assumptions
2.4 Research Methodology
2.5 Research Phases
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rain Fast Characteristic of Molluscicides
3.1.2 Increase in Demand for Neem Based Pesticide
3.1.3 Emergence of Golden Apple Snail as Serious Rice Pest
3.2.1 Limited Investment in R&D
3.2.2 Health Hazards Related To Use of Chemical Molluscicides
3.3 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Group/Segment
4.1.4 Ferric Phosphate
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Grains and Cereals
4.2.2 Oil Seeds
4.2.3 Fruits and Vegetables
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 South Korea
4.3.4 Latin America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
5.4 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. Brand Share Analysis
6.1 Brand Shares of Top Ten Global Brands
6.2 Brand Shares Analysis by Country
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Doff Portland Ltd.
7.4 W. Neudorff GmbH
7.5 Bayer CropScience Limited
7.6 Westland Horticulture Ltd.
7.7 Chiltern Farm Chemicals Ltd.
7.8 Farmco Agritrading Ltd.
7.9 Sipcam Lt.d
7.10 Adama Agricultural Solutions
7.11 Amvac Chemical Corporation
7.12 The Scotts Company Ltd.
7.13 Sharda Europe
7.14 DeSangosse Ltd.
7.15 Unichem Limited
8. Future Outlook of the Market
- Doff Portland Ltd
- W. Neudorff GmbH
- Bayer CropScience Limited
- Westland Horticulture Ltd
- Chiltern Farm Chemicals Ltd
- Farmco Agritrading Ltd.
- Sipcam Ltd
- Adama Agricultural Solutions
- Amvac Chemical Corporation
- The Scotts Company Ltd
- Sharda Europe
- DeSangosse Ltd
- Unichem Limited