RTD is a highly trend driven market and due to its instant nature and convenience, an element of ‘newness’ is constantly demanded. With regard to the major access points, iced products with longer shelf life provide major opportunities along with liquid coffee concentrates and frozen concentrates. The latter products hold importance with bulk buyers such as restaurants and offices.
The constraint for the RTD market is in adapting to regional tastes and preferences. Consumers from nations having a strong habit of hot or freshly ground coffee take a considerable time and reluctance in adapting to the new tastes. Extensive marketing and use of locally sourced products are essential in countering this perception.
Considering the volume dependent nature of the market, availability of the products is a major market determinant. This factor is further amplified in the case of emerging countries, which lack a fully developed distribution network. The supermarket shelves and vending machines gain prominence in this regard. Both these access point make soft drink manufacturers, the ideal distribution partners, and dominant market players. This phenomenon can be clearly observed in the long-standing partnership between PepsiCo and Starbucks. Despite the portfolio strength of Starbucks, the distribution network offered by Pepsi is crucial for an adequate market penetration.
Global RTD Coffee Market Segmentation
On the basis of geography North America and Europe occupy pioneering and dominant market positions. The emerging markets of Asia-Pacific and South America present a very high volume potential.
Major Players: STARBUCKS CORPORATION, ASAHI GROUP HOLDINGS LTD., AJINOMOTO GENERAL FOODS INC., DUNKIN' BRANDS GROUP, GREEN MOUNTAIN COFFEE ROASTERS, R. TWINING AND COMPANY LIMITED, THE HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP, INC., THE COCA-COLA CO, NESTLÉ S.A and LUIGI LAVAZZA S.P.A, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trend
3.2 Consumer behaviour
3.3 Market Dynamics
126.96.36.199 Combination of RTD Coffee with energy drinks
188.8.131.52 Convenience and broad variety of flavors that RTD coffee offerings
184.108.40.206 Increaed demand for speciality coffee
220.127.116.11 Rising consumption of freshly brewed coffee
18.104.22.168 Product innovation and marketing
3.3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Distribution Channel
4.1.1 Online Retail (ecommerce channels)
4.1.2 Physical Retail stores
18.104.22.168 Small grocery stores
22.214.171.124 Convenience stores
4.2 BY Packaging
4.2.1 Bottles (Glass/PET)
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
4.3.3 Asia Pacific
4.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy adopted by Key players
5.2 Most active companies in the past five years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. List of Company Profiles
6.1 Starbucks Corporation
6.2 Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
6.3 Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
6.4 Dunkin' Brands Group
6.5 Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
6.6 R. Twining and Company Limited
6.7 The Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
6.8 The Coca-Cola Co
6.9 Nestlé S.A
6.10 Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.
- Starbucks Corporation
- Asahi Group Holdings Ltd.
- Ajinomoto General Foods Inc.
- Dunkin' Brands Group
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- R. Twining and Company Limited
- The Hain Celestial Group Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Co
- Nestlé S.A
- Luigi Lavazza S.p.A.