Oil & Gas Companies Using Solar Energy Driving the Demand
In Algeria, oil & gas companies are also entering in the solar power market. Italy’s Eni and Algeria’s Sonatrach started their first solar PV plant of 10 MW capacity in May 2017. The companies are planning to expand their joint activities in the solar energy sector further, especially in the production sites of Sonatrach in the country. The company has also signed a comprehensive agreement with Total, a giant oil & gas company. The agreement includes areas, such as exploration, solar, and others. Oil & gas companies turning to the solar energy market in Algeria shows the potential of the country to exploit solar energy.
Delay in Projects Restraining the Market
In March 2017, the Algerian Government announced the plan for a 4 GW tender for a large-scale solar PV plant project by the end of the month, but it did not happen. In April 2017, the government published the decree implementing the project, but the request for proposal (RFP) for it was not published for a long time. Further, the country has placed a rule to construct PV components in the country itself. Solar power market is at its initial phase in the country and does not have the required facility for developing PV components in required time. As a result, delay in projects is expected and is, hence, restraining the market.
High Growth Rate Witnessed in the Recent Years
In the past two to three years, Algeria has witnessed a high rate in terms of solar installed capacity. Installed capacity has grown from 26 MW in 2014 to more than 240 MW in 2016. Between PV and CSP, solar PV has a larger market share in the country. Several financial and energy firms have shown interest in funding the projects. Sonatrach is expected to fund around 50% of several solar power plants. Funding support is expected to help Algeria reach its target of 13 GW of solar power installation capacity. As a result, the market is expected to maintain the growth rate in the coming future, supported by funding from financial and energy firms.
Key Developments in the Market
● April 2017: Aures Solaire commissioned its 30 MW solar PV panel factory in eastern Algeria.
MAJOR PLAYERS: SARL Algerian PV Company, SCET Algeria Energy, and Aures Solaire, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future Algeria solar energy market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Identify the latest developments, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
● This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast till 2023
3.3 Installed Capacity and Forecast till 2023
3.4 Government Policies and Regulations
3.5 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. PESTLE Analysis
6. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Overview, Installed Capacity Forecast, Key Projects)
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Solar Photovoltaic
6.1.2 Concentrated Solar Power
7. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Products & Services, Financials**, Recent Development, and Analyst View)
7.1 SARL Algerian PV Company
7.2 SCET Algeria Energy
7.3 Aures Solaire
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
8.3 Strategies Adopted by the Leading Players
9.1 Contact Us
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain