After the introduction of the protein isolate trend, some companies have developed branded version of the protein, which comprises of the active ingredient, protease inhibitor PI-2, (a protein naturally derived from potatoes). Such branded ingredients include: Slendesta® (Kemin Health) and Solathin® (Cyvex Nutrition) introduced in the weight loss market in the recent years.
The European potato protein market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.92% during the forecast period 2018-2023.
The major driver for potato protein in the region is the increasing use of potato protein in dietary supplements, and as meat substitutes due to shift towards vegan diet. The increasing demand is also because of consumer preference for natural and non-processed ingredients. With potato protein isolate’s introduction as a generally-recognized as safe food ingredient by Dutch company Solanic recently for gluten-free ingredient for baked goods, and a substitute to animal proteins in both finished foods and beverages, several food manufacturers have jumped on this natural ingredient’s utilization. However, the legal requirements along with proposed health claims remain major restraint for potato protein market.
Potato protein isolates have been on the European food ingredient market since 2008. On the basis of type, the market can be segmented into potato protein isolate and potato protein concentrate. Extracted by specialized technologies, the protein composition of the isolate is said to contain somewhere between 90-95% amino acid concentrations, along with high bioavailability and solubility.
With growing application in several sector of food and beverage particularly in formulations in beverage, snacks & bars, animal feed products, and others; the market is expected to boost at tremendous growth rate in the coming years.
In Europe the other plant protein market (includes hemp seeds, algae, rapeseed, oats, barley, and vegetable protein sources such as beans, and potato) was valued at USD 8.9 million in 2016, at an estimated CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period (2017-2022).
The processing plants for potato are more in Eastern Europe compared to western part of the region. The potato protein market in the region is led by Germany, followed by France, and United Kingdom. The other nations such as Spain, Russia, and Italy are anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
Major Players: AVEBE, TEREOS SYROL, ROQUETTE, AGRIDIENT, STAUBER PERFORMANCE INGREDIENTS, KEMIN INDUSTRIES, INC, CYVEX NUTRITION, AKV LANGHOLT AMBA, KMC INGREDIENT, PPZ NIECHLOW, ROYAL INGREDIENTS GROUP, MEELUNIE BV and WPPZ S.A., amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analyses
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Potato Protein Concentrate
4.1.2 Potato Protein Isolate
4.2 By Application
4.2.2 Sport Nutrition
4.2.3 Snacks and Bars
4.2.4 Pet Food
4.3 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Tereos Syrol
6.5 Stauber Performance Ingredients
6.6 Kemin Industries, Inc
6.7 Cyvex Nutrition
6.8 AKV Langholt AMBA
6.9 KMC Ingredient
6.10 PPZ Niechlow
6.11 Royal Ingredients Group
6.12 Meelunie BV
6.13 WPPZ S.A