Need for Differentiated Packaging Products to Spur Demand
With developing technologies and increasing consumer demand, the need for creative and differentiated products is finding its way into the market. Customers demand additional features in the existing products. This provides the manufacturers with opportunities to innovate in the current product, and come up with an adequate solution and portray of information about the product. It also facilitates consumer’s purchase decision as it may contain ingredients and nutritional information, which could help in allowing potential consumers to obtain information. Packaging plays a significant role in developing the brand image along with identification of the company’s products. Hence, the need for product differentiation in packaging is driving the growth of the FMCG packaging market.
Pharmaceuticals Industry is Dominating the Market Landscape
Pharmaceutical pouches and pre-fillable inhalers will likely witness a rapid growth, as they will corner a greater market share than ever, owing to the increasing number of asthmatic and allergic patients. New therapies and innovations, which are a regularly occurring phenomenon in the pharmaceutical industry, will be another major driving force propelling the demand for quality pharmaceutical packaging and consequently, creating a major demand for quality packaging materials. A good quality pharma packaging material from the pharmaceutical industry must meet the criteria of product protection, quality, tamper evidence, patient comfort, and security needs. High on innovation, converters harness the latest technologies and leverage its proven competency to consistently provide a diverse range of quality pharma packaging materials for the medical, pharmaceutical, and life science markets, and address compliance and counterfeit concerns.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Dominate the Market Landscape
Asia-Pacific still boasts significant opportunities due to favorable demographics and economic conditions. The GDP of developing countries for all these years is proof of their economic expansion. As a result, multinational companies continue to expand their global footprint to Asia-Pacific to gain a competitive edge in the market. Several companies in the region have preferred innovation by launching or customizing their existing product portfolios to cater to new consumer segments. The emerging markets and their rural population of the region will play a major role in the market. With more than 33% of the Indian consumer base present in rural areas, the rural market will be a key growth driver for FMCG majors planning to expand their domestic business. The government of India has been supporting rural areas with higher MSPs and loan waivers through the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) program, which are expected to boost rural purchasing power.
Major Players: AMCOR LTD., BALL CORPORATION, BERRY PLASTICS CORPORATION, CROWN HOLDINGS INC., TETRA PAK INTERNATIONAL, MEADWESTVACO CORPORATION, GRAHAM PACKAGING, AND REYNOLDS GROUP HOLDINGS, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 - Ball Corporation collaborated with Aguas Minerales de Firgas, a Spanish water brand to produce aluminum cans for Aguas de Firgas’s new range of Sou Tea and Sou Tonics.
- December 2017 - Pact Group Holdings Ltd., agreed to acquire two Asian packaging companies that belongs to Reynolds Group Holdings Ltd. This is expected to strengthen Pact’s position in Asia enabling geographical expansion of the company and provide the company with long-term sustainable growth.
- October 2017 - Amcor Ltd., in collaboration with Janoschka Ltd., developed Jaholo, a special micro-embossing printing technology that produces prismatic and pattern movement effects.
- April 2017 - Tetra Pak International adopted Hololens, Microsoft’s technology that helps in maintaining production lines. This is expected to introduce management and diagnosis systems along with tools that reduce machine downtime and increase productivity.
- How will increasing demand for small sized and convenient packaged products act as a driver for FMCG packaging market?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which application segment is expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Industry Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global FMCG Packaging Segmentation
5.1 By Material Type
5.1.2 Flexible Plastic
5.1.3 Rigid Plastic
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Food & Beverages
5.2.2 Pharmaceutical Industry
5.2.3 Personal Care Industry
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Amcor Ltd.
6.2 Ball Corporation
6.3 Berry Plastics Corporation
6.4 Crown Holdings Inc.
6.5 Tetra Pak International
6.6 MeadWestvaco Corporation
6.7 Graham Packaging
6.8 Reynolds Group Holdings
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Market