Growth Toward Vehicle Production is the Key Driver for the Thermistors Temperature Sensors Market
With a healthy development of the manufacturing industry, globally, the demand for temperature sensors is expected to see tremendous growth, globally, during the forecast period. The automotive segment is witnessing significant increase in production, owing to growing demand. There is a continuous demand for passenger cars due to the increasing purchasing power of the millennial population. For an average consumer, trucks are reliable options, as they have better fuel efficiency and safety features. These factors drive the growth of heavyweight vehicles. Premium vehicles and utilities continue to drive the sales of light vehicles, which cumulatively contribute to an increase in the demand for thermistor temperature sensors during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Largest Market over the Forecast Period
Growth in Asia-Pacific is due to the fast growing industrial sector in countries, such as China and India. North America and Europe are mature markets and their growth prospects are expected to be limited during the next few years. The Middle East & African market is estimated to show stagnant growth during the forecast period.
Thermistors, as the heater in the automotive industry, provide additional heat inside cabin with diesel engine or to heat diesel in cold climatic conditions before engine injection. Thermistors are also used as current-limiting devices for circuit protection, as replacements for fuse, monitoring the temperature of an incubator, monitor the temperature of battery packs while charging. Thermistors are further used in food handling & processing industry, especially for food storage systems and food preparation. Maintaining the correct temperature is critical to prevent foodborne illness.
The thermistor temperature sensors market can be divided into temperature monitoring, temperature control, etc. The temperature monitoring segment holds the major market share, as temperature monitoring can be used in many industries and works especially well in the lower ranges of temperature. The temperature control segment plays a crucial role in preventing damage to machinery and factories. The ‘others’ segment constitutes negligible share of the market. It includes the use of the equipment in the form of self-regulating heating elements and self-resetting overcurrent protectors.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2016: Siemens announced new product family dubbed Sirius 3RN2 of thermistor motor protection relays, which provides reliable protection against overheating. The temperatures are measured directly in the motor windings - and the relays are suitable for use in unusual and hazardous-rated conditions. These Space-saving enclosures with widths of either 17.5 or 22.5 millimeters. Certified for Atex and SIL 1 according to EN 50495.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analysis of how the growing industrial sector will drive the global market scenario
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Applications of Temperature Sensors in industries
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Cost of the Systems
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Model - Industry Attractiveness
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Thermistor Temperature Sensor Market Segmentation - By Type
7. Global Thermistor Temperature Sensor Market Segmentation - By Application
7.1 Telecommunications and Networking
7.3 Industrial Electronics
7.4 Consumer Electronics
8. Global Thermistor Temperature Sensor Market Segmentation - By Region
8.1 North America
8.4 Rest of World
9. Global Thermistor Temperature Sensor Market , Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
9.1 Texas Instruments Incorporated
9.2 Panasonic Corporation
9.3 Siemens Ag
9.4 Honeywell International Inc.
9.5 ABB Ltd
9.6 Kongsberg Gruppen
9.7 Emerson Electric Company
9.9 Microchip Technology Incorporated
9.10 NXP Semiconductors N.V.
9.11 Maxim Integrated Products
10. Investment Analysis
10.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Investor Outlook
11. Future of the Thermistor Temperature Sensor Market
- Panasonic Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- ABB Ltd.
- Kongsberg Gruppen
- Emerson Electric Company
- Microchip Technology Incorporated
- NXP Semiconductors NV
- Maxim Integrated Products