The terms ‘Active’, ‘Intelligent’, and ‘Smart’, are often used interchangeably in the case of packaging materials. As per the study scope, the smart packaging market comprises of active, intelligent, and modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) technology. Active and intelligent systems are a branch of packaging that is truly innovative and offers exciting opportunities for food safety, quality, and convenience. Many active and intelligent packaging concepts are commercially available, globally. The demand for longer shelf lives of food products and the increasing emphasis on reducing the use of preservatives in food products have spurred the demand for smart packaging solutions. Additionally, the need for minimally processed products is on the rise, and this has resulted in the need for new and innovative packaging solutions.
As food & consumer product market is expected to have a large growth margins over the forecast period, this may proportionally influence the increase of expenditure on packaged goods, and in particular food and personal care products, thus, driving the smart packaging market forward.
Growing Need for Longer Shelf Life of Food Products and Changing Lifestyle expected to Drive the Market
The demand for packaged food products with an extended shelf life and sterility has increased. In addition, growth in the consumption of frozen and chilled food products is also expected to drive the demand. Moreover, delivery strategies and increasing competition are observed within the market segments of supermarket, fast food, and convenience stores. This, in turn, is expanding the foodservice operations in an attempt to provide quality fresh foods that rival, and at times, exceed their fast food competitors. Also, a growth in the spending power of people in the developing countries, such as India and China, has also increased the demand for ready-to-eat food products, which is driving the demand for smart packaging solutions.
Oxygen Scavenger Technology Expected to Lead the Market
Oxygen scavengers is the most used technology for active packaging. There are two types of oxygen scavengers based on different concepts, self-adhesive labels to be included in packaging and active systems included in the packaging material. Oxygen scavengers are agents that react with oxygen to reduce its concentration. Ferrous oxide is the most commonly used scavenger. Most packages have a triggering mechanism to initiate the scavenging. It is widely used for the meat industry. In addition, increasing deployment in the food and pharmaceutical industries is expected to drive the demand during the forecast period. Also, stringent standards and regulations are playing a significant role in the deployment of this technology.
North America Expected to Lead the Market
The United States occupies the lion’s share of the market value in North America, followed by Canada. Growing working population and increasing demand for interactive and improved packaging solutions account for the expected growth in the market in the region. The United States is home to one of the busiest consumer markets, which forms a major part of the workforce. The demand for foods and beverages has risen markedly, due to the growing population (both, from within and due to immigration).To meet the huge demands of the food industry, there has been a significant increase in the volume of import of food from different regions across the world, thus, driving the demand for the smart packaging solutions in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 - Henkel and Selinko announced partnership for smart packaging solutions. It comprises of a collaboration agreement to expand and improve smart and interactive packaging solutions, especially focusing on FMCG markets.
- January 2018 - Beauty brand Avon has teamed up with British technology and product design firm Cambridge Design Partnership to test smart packaging in consumer trials of a new anti-aging product.
- September 2017 - Magic Add, an innovator in the Internet of Packaging (IoP) smart packaging solutions, announced a partnership with UPM Raflatac. The partnership aims to provide high-performance self-adhesive label materials for product and information labeling. In co-operation with Magic Add, UPM Raflatac launched RafMore, a smart label solution designed to power and extend brand promotion, protection, and logistics applications.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know how the growing demand for longer and sustainable packaging products is changing market scenario
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The packaging technology that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter's five forces Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Customers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Demand for High-quality Pharmaceutical Packaging
4.2.2 Stringent Government Regulations and Standards
4.2.3 Technological Advancements in the Pharma Sector
4.3 Market Challenges
4.3.1 Rising Concerns regarding Dumping of Ampoules
4.3.2 High Capital Investments and Intensity
5. Israel Ampoules Packaging Market - Segmentation by Material
6. Israel Ampoules Packaging Market - Segmentation by Application
6.2 Personal Care
7. Key Vendor Profiles
7.1 Schott AG
7.2 Archem Ltd
7.3 J.Penner Corporation
7.6 Global Pharma
7.7 Hindustan National Glass & Industries Ltd
7.8 Nipro Glass
7.9 James Alexander
7.10 BMT Corporation
7.11 Sandfire Scientific
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future of the Israel Ampoules Packaging Market