The advent of digital technologies for the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of information has created new dynamics in database management system, while creating numerous opportunities for vendors serving the mobile cloud market. A majority of the organizations are in need for efficient data management systems to address the gap being created, due to the growing scale of business operations in various sectors, like healthcare, banking and finance, military, and others.
Increasing Usage of Smart Devices expected to Drive the Market Growth
The mobile cloud market is an amalgamation of mobile computing, cloud computing, and wireless technologies. Smartphone customers, network operators, and cloud service providers hugely benefit from this technology. Currently, nearly every emerging technology is being incorporated into smart devices. The growing penetration of smart devices can be attributed to the advancements in R&D. However, smart devices have become an irreplaceable element of people across the world, and mobile cloud services are even enhancing the usability of these gadgets with more ease, which is boosting the market over the forecast period.
Healthcare App Market is Gaining High Traction in the Mobile Cloud Market
The healthcare industry has witnessed rapid changes over time, globally. Outbreak of new diseases, growth in regulatory norms across the world, focus on population health management, inventions, more informed customers, and growth in the advanced mobile application, are some of the factors which are augmenting the growth of healthcare cloud applications, which in turn, can boost the mobile cloud solutions and services over the forecast period. Moreover, incremental innovations in the field of communication have led to the use of wireless communication modules for transmission of data in healthcare gadgets, which improves the healthcare management system. Moreover, new age mobile application can process information and initiate remote diagnostics as part of several built-in preventive actions for enabling better healthcare services.
North America Dominates the Mobile Cloud Market
Rapid technological developments in smart gadgets and increasing business operations in the region are expected to make North America the most important market for mobile cloud investments over the forecast period. The biggest contributor to this market is the United States, which accounted for most of the revenue in the North American region. The major factors driving the scale and growth of the North American region are investments in the consumer electronics, as well as the strong growth in implementation of IoT technologies. The region with a vast IT infrastructure has boosted the smart devices market regarding enhancing factors, such as mobility and making high-speed internet available to the users. Moreover, in the United States, the penetration rate of smart devices is extremely high and it expected to cross 85% by 2017.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2016: IBM collaborated with Mapbox, one of the leading providers of mapping platform for the developers. New product development has also been adopted by top players to innovate in this market space.
- June 2016: IBM acquired EZ legacy Ltd, an Israel-based application discovery company. This acquisition enabled the developers to evolve legacy assets at the speed of business and to reduce the risk to enterprises.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- To know how the market scenario of mobile cloud is changing
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The regions are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of customers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Increased Usage of Smart Devices Globally
5.2.2 Evolving Needs for Centralized Data Management
5.3 Market Restraints
5.3.1 Increasing Privacy and Data Security Concerns
5.3.2 Lack of Awareness about Network Connectivity
6. Technology Snapshot
7. Global Mobile Cloud Market - Segmentation by User Type
7.1 Consumer Market
7.2 Corporate/Enterprise User Market
8. Global Mobile Cloud Market - Segmentation by Application
8.4 Business & Finance
8.5 Social Netowrking
8.7 Travel and Navigation
9. Global Mobile Cloud Market - Segmentation by Geography
9.1 North America
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East & Africa
10. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
10.1 Amazon Web Services Inc.
10.2 Microsoft Corporation
10.3 Google Inc.
10.4 Salesforce.com Inc.
10.5 Apple Inc.
10.6 Rackspace Inc.
10.7 Dell EMC
10.8 IBM Corporation
10.9 Oracle Corporation
10.10 Akamai Technologies Inc.
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Mobile Cloud Market