Aging Power Facilities Fueling the Demand
The existing fleet of the electric power generation capacity has a wide age range. Most of the coal and nuclear-based power plants were built during 1970 and 1990, with peak addition in 1980. The gas-fired power plants have been known to be a bridge between coal and oil age and the renewable-based future. In the most recent wave of additions, the gas-fired power plants witnessed a peak in 2002, with the majority of them added between 1998 and 2008. Thus, the equipment installed in approximately all the gas-fired power plants, across the globe, are expected to require significant MRO services during the forecast period. Additionally, because of the advantages offered by gas-fired power plants, such as low carbon emission and high efficiency, many of the coal power plants are being replaced or retrofitted by gas-fired plants, which, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for gas turbine MRO services during the forecast period.
China Set To Lead the Demand for Gas Turbine MRO Services
China, being the world’s largest energy consumer, primarily for coal, has been the most important source of growth for the global energy over the past few decades. Consequently, in 2015, China was the highest emitter of carbon dioxide, accounting for about 27.3% of the global value. As a result, the Chinese government implemented certain policies and initiatives to promote the uptake of cleaner fuels, such as natural gas and renewable energy sources. As part of the Paris Climate Change agreements, China plans to cap its coal consumption at 4.1 GWs by 2020 and double the gas-fired power capacity from 56 GW, as of 2016, to 110 GW, by 2020. This factor is expected to supplement the rate of conversion of coal-fired to the gas-fired power plant, which, in turn, would further increase the demand for gas turbines maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services in the power sector of China, during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: Wartsila signed an operations and maintenance agreement with Arkay Energy, for the development natural gas-based power plant in India.
- August 2017: Ansaldo Energia expanded in Southeast Asia with a long term service agreement, with Glow Energy for a power plant located in Map Ta Phut Industrial Park.
REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS REPORT
- To understand the market drivers, restraints, and opportunities that are possessed by the Asia-Pacific gas turbine MRO market in the power sector
- To analyze the various perspectives of the regional market dynamics, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- To identify the most dominant service, with the forecast market estimate, of the Asia-Pacific gas turbine MRO market in the power sector
- To identify the countries with significant requirements and demands for gas turbines MRO services
- To comprehend the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast, Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Global Gas Turbine MRO Market Analysis, by Service Type
8. Global Gas Turbine MRO Market Analysis, by Geography
8.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
9. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Business Segmentation, Financial Analysis**, and Recent Development)
9.1 General Electric Co.
9.2 Bechtel Corporation
9.3 Wartsila Oyj Abp
9.4 Amec Foster Wheeler PLC
9.5 Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd
9.6 Siemens AG
9.7 Ansaldo Energia SpA
9.8 Wood Group GTS
9.9 TGM Turbinas (now WEG SA)
9.10 Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc.
(*List of companies is not exhaustive. Please let us know if you are interested in any company profile)
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
11.1 Contact Us
(**Subject to availability on public domain)
- General Electric Co.
- Bechtel Corporation
- Wartsila Oyj Abp
- Amec Foster Wheeler PLC
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- Ansaldo Energia S.p.A
- Wood Group GTS
- TGM Turbinas (now WEG SA)
- Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises Inc