Focus on Energy Economics - On-grid Combined Heat and Power Market
Globally, improving the energy economics is gaining importance, and has led to exploring the sources of energy which have remained underutilized. The major driver for combined heat and power (CHP) generation is the cost efficiency associated with the same. The CHP plant generates electrical and thermal energy from a given amount of fuel, and the total energy output is high, which leads to reduced energy bills. The industrial sector is the largest consumer of electricity in the world, and most of the industries are dependent upon grid power, to meet their requirements of electricity. The CHP plants are a valuable option for consumers of electricity and heat, because it can be developed at the consumption centers and integrated with the grid. The extra electricity generated from the plant can be fed to the grid, which is a big boost for providing resiliency to the grid. The owners of the CHP plants are incentivized for feeding electricity into the grid, thus leading to widespread benefits from ownership of CHP asset. Therefore, focus on energy economics is a big boost for the development of the on-grid combined heat and power system market.
Industrial Sector - Major Market
The industrial sector is the major end-user sector of energy, because of widespread energy requirements during operations. The demand for energy in the form of electrical and thermal energy is growing, due to the development of industrial infrastructure. Apart from that, the businesses have become more competitive, and the focus has increased on reducing the operating costs, including energy bill. Moreover, the industries can reduce the green-house gases emissions from energy use, thereby leading to adherence to environmental norms in an efficient way.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market’s Growth
Owing to increasing industrialization and surging demand for energy, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market. The CHP technologies are also helpful in reducing green-house gases emissions from heat and power generation. As the Asia-Pacific countries account for 48.2% share in global carbon dioxide emissions, the development of CHP infrastructure is likely to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- Nov 2017: The US Department of Energy (DOE) announced an allotment of nearly USD 25 million among eight organizations, for the development of cost-effective, highly efficient combined heat and power technologies.
- Oct 2017: Dantherm Cooling A/S and Dantherm Air Handling A/S merged under the new name Dantherm A/S.
- May 2017: Japan’s Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) announced plans to supply two gas turbines for a combined heat and power (CHP) plant in China, with a capacity 80 MW.
REASONS TO PURCHASE THIS REPORT
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global on-grid combined heat and power market, with an in-depth analysis.
- Analyze the various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the most dominating technology with forecasted market estimate.
- Identify the largest, fastest growing, and significant regions during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter's Five Force Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of New Entrants
6.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
7. Global On-Grid Combined Heat and Power Market Analysis, by End User
8. Global On-Grid Combined Heat and Power Market Analysis, by Geography
8.2 North America
8.4 Rest of the World
9. Global On-Grid Combined Heat and Power Market Analysis, by Technology
9.1 Reciprocating Engine
9.2 Steam Turbine
9.3 Gas Turbine
9.5 Fuel Cell
10. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Buisness Segmentation, Financial Analysis**, Recent Development)
10.1 Bdr Thermea Group
10.2 Dantherm Power
10.3 Microgen Engine Corporation Holding BV
10.5 Senertec Kraft-Warme-Energiesysteme Gmbh (Senertec)
10.6 The Viessmann Group
10.7 Whisper Tech Limited
10.8 Cogen Microsystems
10.9 Ceres Power Holdings PLC
10.10 Yanmar Co. Ltd
10.11 Zeppelin Power Systems
(*List of companies is not exhaustive. Please let us know if you are interested in any other company profile)
11. Competitive Landscape
11.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
11.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
12.1 Contact Us
(**Subject to availability on public domain)
- Bdr Thermea Group
- Dantherm Power
- Microgen Engine Corporation Holding B.V.
- Senertec Kraft-Warme-Energiesysteme Gmbh (Senertec)
- The Viessmann Group
- Whisper Tech Limited
- Cogen Microsystems
- Ceres Power Holdings PLC
- Yanmar Co. Ltd.
- Zeppelin Power Systems