- The protein-nanoparticle combination boosts iron fortification. A mixture of whey protein nanofibrils and iron nanoparticles helps food and drink formulators in the reduction of iron-deficiency. The iron nanoparticles are safe to be absorbed by the body.
- Manufacturers of food premixes are taking thing to the next level by providing consumers with online platform to design their own premixes, to increase their consumer bases in the market.
Malnutrition is a major factor driving the food premixes market. Even the healthy-looking people are malnourished because of their incomplete diet. These diets do not include the right micronutrients and such deficiencies can cause serious health issues. For instance, iron deficiency leads to critical problems during pregnancy and insufficient level of vitamin-A can result in poor vision, infections and skin problems. The food safety and standards authority of India (FSSAI) released a set of standards, henceforth, focusing on awareness & consensus-building. Many enterprises are expected to start adding premix of micronutrients to launch fortified foods. A large section of people, worldwide, suffers from iron deficiency, with women worse affected than men. The challenge, in blending nutrient premix in food products, is that bulk density and different particle sizes, which can lead to segregation.
Analysis by Application
The global food premix market is segmented on the basis of application into bakery and confectionery, beverages, dietary supplements, cereals, dairy and others. The bakery and confectionery industry account for a significant share of the global food premix market. These industries are known to be the vanguard of premix development. Most bakery producer’s white bread to enrich their products with thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, iron and folic acid due to the growing consumers demand for enriched food products. By employing these food premixes in baking, manufacturers can assure the precision consistency necessary in baking.
Developed regions such as North America and Europe account for a significant share of the global food premix market. The growing consumers demand for fortified foods and vitamins is expected to significantly influence the demand for food premix market in North America, the region is estimated to account for over 36% share of the global food premix market revenue. Asia-Pacific is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period due to the growing disposable income and consumers need for nutritious food. Food premixes has significant usage in the bakery industry.
MAJOR PLAYERS: ROYAL DSM N.V., GLANBIA, PLC, CORBION N.V., CHEMISCHE FABRIK BUDENHEIM KG, VITABLEND NETHERLANDS BV , WATSON INC. , STERN VITAMIN GMBH & CO. KG, THE WRIGHT GROUP, DPO INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD. , FARBEST BRANDS, DSM, JUBILANT LIFE SCIENCES LIMITED, FENCHEM HEXAGON NUTRITION PVT. LTD. and STERNVITAMIN, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key findings of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
4. Market Dynamics
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Ingredient
5.1.3 Amino acids
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Bakery and Confectionery
5.2.5 Dietary Supplements
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
5.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy adopted by Key players
6.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five years
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Royal DSM N.V.
7.2 Glanbia, plc
7.3 Corbion N.V.
7.4 Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG
7.5 Vitablend Netherlands BV
7.6 Watson Inc.
7.7 Stern Vitamin GmbH & Co. KG
7.8 The Wright Group
7.9 DPO International Sdn Bhd.
7.10 Farbest Brands
7.12 Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
7.14 Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd.
- Royal DSM N.V.
- Glanbia plc
- Corbion N.V.
- Chemische Fabrik Budenheim KG
- Vitablend Netherlands BV
- Watson Inc.
- Stern Vitamin GmbH & Co. KG
- The Wright Group
- DPO International Sdn Bhd.
- Farbest Brands
- Jubilant Life Sciences Limited
- Fenchem Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd.