Yesterday, core interface with the digital world was a keyboard and mouse. Today it is a touchscreen. Tomorrow it will be voice commands. Just as iOS and Android run our lives now, so voice platforms will run our lives in the next decade.
Those companies who master voice - and related AI technologies such as machine learning, augmented reality and gesture control - could become some of the most valuable companies in the world.
In this report we look into trends, value chain, investment timeline and the major players in voice presentation.
- This report is part of the ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the “thematic engine”.
- About the Thematic Research Ecosystem
- The author has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the author’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the author tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the author’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- The thematic investment research product, supported by the thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The unique differentiator, compared to all rival thematic research houses, is that the thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
VOICE WILL BE THE NEXT COMPUTING PLATFORM
VOICE USE CASE: HOME DEVICES
VOICE USE CASE: ADVERTISING
VOICE IS CLOSELY LINKED TO THE MACHINE LEARNING VALUE CHAIN
VOICE IS ALSO LINKED TO THE VIRTUAL AND AUGMENTED REALITY VALUE CHAIN
VOICE BY THE NUMBERS
- HP Enterprise
- LG Electronics
- Nuance Communications
- Samsung Electronics