The world has entered the era of the Code War where every digital device, however small and innocuous, can be “weaponised” to send “rogue code” deep into the Internet's engine room to create mayhem.
Between 2015 and 2020, the global cybersecurity market is expected to grow from $77bn to $170bn. But the core issue is that companies need “better” rather than “more” security.
The report looks at the 12 most important cybersecurity technologies and concludes that the most important ones in terms of driving the cybersecurity industry’s revenues over the next two years are unified threat management, cloud security and artificial intelligence.
In this report we look into trends, value chain, timeline and industry overview for cybersecurity.
- This report is part of the ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the “thematic engine”.
- About the Thematic Research Ecosystem
- The author has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the author’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the author tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the author’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- The thematic investment research product, supported by the thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The unique differentiator, compared to all rival thematic research houses, is that the thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
DEFINING CYBER THREATS
APPENDIX: “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- BAE Systems
- Barracuda Networks
- Check Point Software
- Cheetah Mobile
- Cyberark Software
- F5 Networks
- HP Enterprise
- Micro Focus
- Mobile Iron
- Nice Systems
- Palo Alto Networks
- Trend Micro
- Verint Systems