The Internet of Things can only take off once all connected devices speak the same language. This has kicked off an intense battle for domination of the communications protocol that will govern the IoT.
This communications protocol is likely to have two components:
- a single interconnection standard: must be low cost, low power, reasonable range and wireless
- a common language: must be able to interpret different operating systems on different cloud platforms
- This report is part of the ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the “thematic engine”.
- About the Thematic Research Ecosystem
- The author has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the author’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the author tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the author’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- The thematic investment research product, supported by the thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The unique differentiator, compared to all rival thematic research houses, is that the thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
INDUSTRIAL INTERNET VALUE CHAIN
HARDWARE AND COMPONENTS LAYER (ROBOT MAKERS)
HARDWARE AND COMPONENTS LAYER (COMPUTING COMPONENTS)
DATA LAYER (CYBER SECURITY)
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SCORECARD (THEMATIC SCREEN)
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SCORECARD (VALUATION SCREEN)
INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION SECTOR SCORECARD (RISK SCREEN)
INTERNET INFRASTRUCTURE SCORECARD (THEMATIC SCREEN)