The global healthcare industry is worth $8 trillion. At $9,000 per capita, US healthcare spending is 50% higher than the world’s second highest spender - Australia - and 20 times higher than per capita levels in China
Medicine is changing. For hundreds of years, the key drivers of progress were biology and chemistry. Now they are data science and software.
Big Medicine and Big Pharma are being gradually undermined by swelling networks of connected biosensors, ubiquitous mobile devices and cloud-based healthcare apps. Collectively, we group these phenomena under the umbrella term, “The Internet of Medical Things”.
Inside this report, we will look at the use internet of things in medical tech.
- This report is part of the ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by the “thematic engine”.
- About the Thematic Research Ecosystem
- The author has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, the author’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, the author tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in the author’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. The 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. The thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Single Theme report, offering in-depth research into a specific theme. It identifies winners and losers based on technology leadership, market position and other factors.
- The thematic investment research product, supported by the thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- The unique differentiator, compared to all rival thematic research houses, is that the thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
THE INTERNET OF MEDICAL THINGS
Disruptive Healthcare Technologies
Health IT Systems
Private MedTech companies
APPENDIX: “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Check Point Software
- First Sensor
- HCL Technologies
- Intuitive Surgical
- Palo Alto Networks
- Royal Philips
- Samsung Electronics
- Seiko Epson
- Trend Micro