"Bathroom Accessories, 2017", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the market and categories (including forecasts up to 2022), the major players, the main trends and consumer attitudes. It provides in-depth analysis of the following: key issues (such as DIY retailers losing market share) and how retailers can overcome these, market sizes and forecasts for the overall market and subcategories, retailer profiles, retailer market shares and insight from the survey of 2,000 consumers.
The bathroom accessories market is forecast to grow by 8.1% over the next five years, driven largely by price as grocers and general merchandisers make up almost 40% of the market. Bathroom storage solutions will grow the most over the next five years as homes get smaller and consumers try to find products that will save them space in the bathroom.
- Online remains a small channel accounting for 7.7% of bathroom accessories sales in 2017 due to the small-ticket nature of these items making delivery prohibitively expensive. However, retailers should still invest in this channel over the next five years as delivery options become faster and more affordable and consumers become more accustomed to shopping online for homewares.
- Homebase/Bunnings poor performance and decision to pull away from homewares is causing it to lose market share. DIY retailers share in bathroom accessories will decline from 12.6% in 2017 to 10.8% in 2022.
- Price is the leading consideration for consumers when shopping for bathroom accessories helping drive a strong performance from value retailers and discounters. We expect this factor to continue to be the leading consideration for bathroom accessories as disposable income becomes squeezed.
- Identify which retailers present products effectively instore and online to gain inspiration on how inspirational visual merchandising can drive more purchases.
- Understand which retailers are best placed to capitalise on Homebase/Bunnings’ loss of market share in bathroom accessories through deep analysis of the DIY retailer and its competitors.
- Use consumer data to understand which demographics are shopping bathroom accessories and what drives these shoppers to make a purchase or choose one retailer over another. Then adjust proposition to target shoppers more effectively and drive sales.
- Use the market forecasts to discover whether you are outperforming or underperforming the bathroom accessories market against your recent sales. Then understand the steps you can put in place to improve your performance.