Self-service alcoholic beverage technology frees the consumer from having to wait for beverage service in a crowded bar, restaurant, or other hospitality venue. Self-serve systems typically use touchscreen and radio-frequency identity (RFID) technology to enable self-service of alcoholic beverages like beer, wine, and mixed drinks.
Self-serve alcoholic beverage technology combines the traditional tap system for dispensing beer and other alcoholic beverages with computer technology that tracks and controls how much beverage is dispensed so consumers can serve themselves.
- Because alcoholic beverages are age-restricted in most world markets, service staff must provide drinks in bars, restaurants, and other establishments, often leading to long wait times and poor service at peak times.
- Self-service alcoholic beverage technology cuts wait times by enabling consumers to pour and serve their own alcoholic beverages.
- Self-serve drink technology can offer the consumer unprecedented choice while reducing labor costs for bars, restaurants, and other establishments.
- Since every drop of self-service beverage is delivered straight to the consumer, product loss that can be well over 20% per keg (for beer), is eliminated.
- Self-serve systems change alcoholic beverage purchasing from a "per drink" concept to a "per ounce" or "per milliliter" concept, encouraging trade-up and experimentation with pricier beverages.
- Some self-serve systems can track key demographic data useful for product marketing, such as the gender of the consumer, their postal code, products poured, average quantity poured, and more.
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.